Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
91:

Thanks for posting this - we are proud of Sharrif as you are with your Tide players - or as any school is of their players who think enough of their program to make a point of expressing their gratitude for their experiences while a member of the program.

Classy players, programs, fans, staff, and schools will always be the best part of college sports and it why we celebrate them every chance we get - no matter who the player is or where they hail from.

All the best and RTR,
Baz
The letter was a really nice thing for the kid to do. I hope he does well at the next level because it is refreshing to see a thankful attitude in this world of me, me, me that we live in. Don't take our razzing of each other and debate of class to mean we don't think so. It's the off season and some of our off season debates here are pure comedy. I for one didn't think anyone could take a post in which I used the phrase "fart at the dinner table" too seriously, but some did. :)

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
The letter was a really nice thing for the kid to do. I hope he does well at the next level because it is refreshing to see a thankful attitude in this world of me, me, me that we live in. Don't take our razzing of each other and debate of class to mean we don't think so. It's the off season and some of our off season debates here are pure comedy. I for one didn't think anyone could take a post in which I used the phrase "fart at the dinner table" seriously, but some did.
Hey! That's some serious, uhhh, stuff there!!!

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
the letter the fla player wrote was a nice thing to do and ive never said otherwise. It was an action and therefore a deed. But to apply the term classy in this case is just not appropriate. When you start lowering the threshold for class you wind up calling crooks and thieves classy. Save it for people who truly deserve it so that class has a special meaning for special people
Let me see if I can explain this to you. If someone steals(like a thief) something from you or cons(like a crook) something out of you, that's not classy. Thievery. Bad. Crookery. Bad. Writing Letter of Appreciation. Good. Classy. See how that works.:BigA::):BigA:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Let me see if I can explain this to you. If someone steals(like a thief) something from you or cons(like a crook) something out of you, that's not classy. Thievery. Bad. Crookery. Bad. Writing Letter of Appreciation. Good. Classy. See how that works.:BigA::):BigA:
Your use of the term classy is really an over reach. What he did in writing the letter is better described as being simply polite. And still, the title of this thread has not been changed.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Thievery = bad = not societal normal....Being good = "normal"....nothing special about being normal. A lot of people expect to get great evaluations(raises) because they show up to work on time and every day. That is expected of you, you don't get special classification or treatment because you did something you should do.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Well that was a good read, this thread.
One of the better threads in recent memory. Well done RTR91.

Thievery = bad = not societal normal....Being good = "normal"....nothing special about being normal. A lot of people expect to get great evaluations(raises) because they show up to work on time and every day. That is expected of you, you don't get special classification or treatment because you did something you should do.
Since when was it expected for players moving on to the NFL to put out a letter of a appreciation to the fanbase? I must have completely missed that memo. I don't think I can recall another player doing this.

Someone going above and beyond what is expected is not "normal."

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I liked Joeckel's letter to Texas A & M better.

He thanked the administration for making the decision to join the SEC and allowing them to compete with the best and show their talents on a national stage.
Well, Joeckel is a classy guy. Much more so than that Floyd fella. Of course, he's got NC* compared to Barrett Jones.

*borrowed from Russell, he of Fat Albert's gang of misfits: "Rudy, you got NC. No class."

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
And yet, you're located in a dream world. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.