Ole Miss Recruiting Question

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Looks like it to me when you zoom. As Bama fans, we really can't make comments about the picture of him and the girls. Derrick Henry posted this on Instagram.
In our defense, he posted that after he was already enrolled and on campus. But yea every school uses attractive hosts. If you got them then why not?

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Gotta give the girls a break.
It's not like there is a trade school giving two year degrees for hookering and they are seldom home-schooled.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Did anything ever come from the story that Nkemdiche's father was given a position at a Mississippi hospital?
That's not really a violation, although some think it should be. Now, if it were a cush job with pay unrelated to the amount of training or effort, then it could be an illegal benefit, since it would be going to a student athlete or his family...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A caller into Max Howell's show asked Max if he had heard anything about some questionable recruiting ways by Ole Miss. He said he had lunch with some friends from Mississippi today. Of course, MSU is really interested in what's going on in Oxford. He went onto say that it is evident they have "put forth a lot of effort" to get the big name recruits not normally seen in Oxford (he took his time to make that comment because he wanted to be careful with his words). He finished by saying if Ole Miss gets the 5*'s they are after you can be sure the NCAA will be in town to see why they got ones they normally wouldn't get.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
A caller into Max Howell's show asked Max if he had heard anything about some questionable recruiting ways by Ole Miss. He said he had lunch with some friends from Mississippi today. Of course, MSU is really interested in what's going on in Oxford. He went onto say that it is evident they have "put forth a lot of effort" to get the big name recruits not normally seen in Oxford (he took his time to make that comment because he wanted to be careful with his words). He finished by saying if Ole Miss gets the 5*'s they are after you can be sure the NCAA will be in town to see why they got ones they normally wouldn't get.
I heard that too. I wonder what some of our posters who bashed some of us for talking about Ole Siss throwing around $ thinks now. If it smells, looks and taste like something, it is something in almost every case.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I heard that too. I wonder what some of our posters who bashed some of us for talking about Ole Siss throwing around $ thinks now. If it smells, looks and taste like something, it is something in almost every case.
I never bashed for people talking about it, but until something is proven I feel like we sound like Barners tossing out accusations. IMO it's easy to throw together one big recruiting class when you have a new coach coming off a good (for them) turnaround season. Does it seem fishy? Yeah... But as much as fingers get pointed at our program for anything from recruiting, to steroids (I have been hearing that from Barners for months, not just recently), to "processing" players, I don't like to point fingers until there is real proof...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I never bashed for people talking about it, but until something is proven I feel like we sound like Barners tossing out accusations. IMO it's easy to throw together one big recruiting class when you have a new coach coming off a good (for them) turnaround season. Does it seem fishy? Yeah... But as much as fingers get pointed at our program for anything from recruiting, to steroids (I have been hearing that from Barners for months, not just recently), to "processing" players, I don't like to point fingers until there is real proof...
Nothing you've said is anything I'm relying on. You can listen to me or not. Your choice, but don't ridicule others for believing me, based on my long track record...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Nothing you've said is anything I'm relying on. You can listen to me or not. Your choice, but don't ridicule others for believing me, based on my long track record...
Earle, I never meant that towards you. I actually trust what you say. As a matter of fact, I stopped replying to the thread about it after you substantiated some of the claims others were making. As I said, something smells fishy in Oxford...but I'm going to leave that to people who know more than me, because I would just be throwing stones without any knowledge on that situation.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, I never meant that towards you. I actually trust what you say. As a matter of fact, I stopped replying to the thread about it after you substantiated some of the claims others were making. As I said, something smells fishy in Oxford...but I'm going to leave that to people who know more than me, because I would just be throwing stones without any knowledge on that situation.
There are a lot more people than I distressed about the OM situation. Some of the same people who got them hammered with Brewer are back at their old tricks. What the NCAA does is anybody's guess...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I understood what you were saying and it was not pointed directly at you. There were several other more direct posters on the subject. You learn something from indirectly getting to know people and who to listen to and who not to listen to. When you start hearing other people in the know and rumblings from the rivals along with what we have already heard it makes for strong evidence.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.