Tubbs is not a bad guy...

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
My Mom met Tubbs on a flight from Charlotte to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Believe it or not he was sitting in coach. She introduced herself to him and he was as nice as could be (no cameras were around). In my world, if you are nice to my Mom you are ok in my book.

I cannot imagine any situation where Coach Saban would be sitting in coach.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Re: Tubbs in not a bad guy

Tubbs has a fear that private jets may be detrimental to his job security. Sorry, I couldn't help it. If I was a betting man, I would say Cincy has a pretty limited budget. It is good to hear he was not a total jerk the way I had him pictured. But the fear the thumb thing still runs pretty deep.

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008

Could have been a full flight and he just needed to get going. I never really felt like he was a bad guy. Just the coach of a bad team.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Well one of these days somebody needs to explain to me why the devious way Tubbs left Ole Miss was ok but Saban is Satan Incarnate for an answer that was at least potentially honest at the time he made it.

Furthermore, Tubs has done it multiple times but gets a free pass. The Lear thing somehow turned Tubs into a victim yet his career is littered with three times the deceit Saban ever showed and yet every year they drag out that Miami quote.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tubs departure at Tech was kind and by the book compared to his fleeing Ole Miss not inside a pine box.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

Well one of these days somebody needs to explain to me why the devious way Tubbs left Ole Miss was ok but Saban is Satan Incarnate for an answer that was at least potentially honest at the time he made it.
Simple...People hate winners and Saban is a winner! Tubs...not so much.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

I have always dislike the barners but because of wingnut it has reached unhealthy levels. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hope they lose every game 100-0 for the next 10 years and then hit a slump. I thought it might have been starting this past year.:biggrin:

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

I met him at a Jefferson County API Alumni deal back in the mid 2000's while playing with a band that did a few aub gigs from time to time. Only one guy in the group was an aub but we all made sure to get our pictures made with him (Tubby). I gave my copy to my wife's Aunt and Uncle (huge aubs) and it stayed on their refrigerator for years.

We also met James Owens and he was really pleased to hang with some fellow Fairfield High alumni. He's a few years older than us but we all saw him play while we were in Jr. High.

Oh and Tubs was about like you would imagine. An extremely smug used car salesman.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
My Mom met Tubbs on a flight from Charlotte to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. Believe it or not he was sitting in coach. She introduced herself to him and he was as nice as could be (no cameras were around). In my world, if you are nice to my Mom you are ok in my book.

I cannot imagine any situation where Coach Saban would be sitting in coach.
It's cool she met him and all but why is this worthy of a thread in the Bama football forum? I'm glad I don't have to see the chump on t.v. here anymore, out of sight out of mind. He's still scum in my book.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.