Link: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
This sounds like a "recruiting" tool that other schools will use against us......

Sucks to be honest.....
Your are correct-- and ND is already blaming their BCS Title loss on deer antlers

Bama has to be on the juice

Author: vern3000 (24 Posts - Original UHND Member)
Posted at 5:53 pm on Jan 29, 2013

Interesting article and allegations about Ray Lewis and how he came back so fast from injury. But even more interesting is which college is linked to the shady strength and condition guys.

Before and after the BCS championship game, a good friend of mine (who is not a ND fan) kept telling me that Bama players are on the juice. My friend is a former Division II football player (all-american) and knows a thing or two about football and what it takes to be prepared physically for a pounding. After watching ND get spanked and steamrolled I really believe what he's saying. He pointed out pictures of players before they arrived at Bama and then after. Even pointed out some of those same players now that their in the NFL. Looking at the freshman Wide Receiver (Cooper) compared to our Freshman DB (Russell) and it's not even close. There's a pic of Cooper in HS and then a pic of him after the championship game. WOW, it can't be natural. Anyway, I say all that to say it's no surprise Bama is mentioned in this article.

Not whining or anything. Hey, we got our butts whipped and the best team won. But I really wish it was an even playing field.

See the last 4 paragraphs in the article.
http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.php?action=main&forumid=6

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: (S.W.A.T.S.)

I wonder if anybody realize Alabama can be stripped of all game sin 2008 & up to 2012 & all the championships as well if NCAA rule this so called ENERGY is illegal.
Um, this has been investigated, UA has issued two C&D letters to the snake oil peddlers (all we're required to do) and you can go to the NCAA site and search for the reports. IOW, relax - this is an old, old, story...

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Re: (S.W.A.T.S.)

This is a non-story.
These guys are not boosters so there’s no institutional violation here.

They’ve been C&D’d twice since 2009 and that makes the no-violation argument even stronger.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that these “chips” provide a competitive advantage.

There is ample scientific evidence that they’re nothing more than snake oil. That means they’re worthless and at the absolute worst, our guys will have to make restitution to a charity and suffer no eligibility consequences.

But that won't stop the talk radio gang from trying to make a big deal of it. Paul Finebaum is probably trying three ways to Sunday to find a way back on the air today.
And this from UA:
“UA has been aware of this situation for some time, and we have monitored this company for several years. They have twice ignored cease and desist letters sent by our compliance office. We have maintained consistent education of our student-athletes regarding the substances in question and will continue to do so.”
Deborah M. Lane
Assistant to the President and Associate Vice President for University Relations

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I saw this in the morning and just thought it was a waste to post it.

I also heard that the ray Lewis side of this story is two years old, the only addition was about his recovery from the tricep injury. He apparently has used the antler spray for a long time and ordered a healthy supply. Seems like si is digging up a story trying to capitalize off ray being in the Super Bowl.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I saw this in the morning and just thought it was a waste to post it.

I also heard that the ray Lewis side of this story is two years old, the only addition was about his recovery from the tricep injury. He apparently has used the antler spray for a long time and ordered a healthy supply. Seems like si is digging up a story trying to capitalize off ray being in the Super Bowl.
Yes, and a "hook" to Bama doesn't hurt...

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Personally, people like Mitch Ross that peddles this ridiculous stuff. Needs to be publicly shown out to be the fraud he is. He peddles and craves for attention. Its really stupid. Does this guy look like a up and up man.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
Can someone clarify if this stuff is actually illegal or a banned substance? I recall a while back Todd Bates losing a year of eligibility for using something.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If only Colt hadn't gotten hurt....oh, wait...

If only Miles had pulled Jefferson...oh, crap...that's not right either

If only Te'o's girlfriend had been real...nevermind, that doesn't sound good...

If only Bama hadn't been on the clear....yeah, THAT'S the ticket!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Can someone clarify if this stuff is actually illegal or a banned substance? I recall a while back Todd Bates losing a year of eligibility for using something.
There's really almost none, or, maybe really none, there. There has to be something there first, which is why the NCAA dismissed it...

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Sadly what this article really is pointing out how gullible the public in general is, and how naive athletes tend to be. Power bracelets, magnets, and now powdered deer horn. Sheeesh!

Sort of lends credence to Paul Simon's lyrics "...still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...".

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Sadly what this article really is pointing out how gullible the public in general is, and how naive athletes tend to be. Power bracelets, magnets, and now powdered deer horn. Sheeesh!

Sort of lends credence to Paul Simon's lyrics "...still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...".
just think how tall paul simon would be today if he had chipped and sprayed.;)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

That line perfectly sums up teo if you believe his story haha.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I'm going to have to come clear. My conscience is getting the best of me.

Before the BCS Championship Game, I created a concoction of pixie dust mixed with the ground up tooth of a Leprechaun that I beat up recently. I then summoned the spirit of Roman Harper's neck and infused the combined powers of the illuminati and Ted Grandy's mustache into the powder which I sprinkled on my custom made Alabama 2012 action figure set. That's the secret behind our domination of the Irish.

I feel better having gotten that off my chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.