Link: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
IGF 1 cannot be detected in any test, but it is still illegal. IGF 1 is a peptide, which are now becoming the new designer ways to get bigger and stronger, but without the side affects and failing drug tests. Peptides are basically amino acids. There are dozens of sites that sell these on the internet, most in the usa and canada.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
People just cannot accept that talent, hard work, and The Process can produce the results we have. They think we must be cheating somehow, and if they can't prove it they just "imply" our guys are doing something wrong.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm not sure this is going away during the offseason. Our local sports station (which Tim Brando is somewhat tied to) has now honed in on this and they are really hammering home the idea that Alabama is "cheating" with banned substances and this explains their dominance.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I'm not sure this is going away during the offseason. Our local sports station (which Tim Brando is somewhat tied to) has now honed in on this and they are really hammering home the idea that Alabama is "cheating" with banned substances and this explains their dominance.
so how do they explain that none of our players have tested positive for any of said banned substances? or does that matter to them?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Here is a barn fan's take on it from an SEC board.

"Clearly Alabama will be crushed for this and will have to renounce all of their titles and saban will be publicly executed, then we will melt down his iron heart and use the magical substance within to regrow the trees on toomers corner to twice their normal size.

Toilet paper will grow from their magical branches and when the Rolls are ripe they will produce cam juice which our players will drink, leading us to the next Dynasty in sports, Auburn University."

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Here is a barn fan's take on it from an SEC board.

"Clearly Alabama will be crushed for this and will have to renounce all of their titles and saban will be publicly executed, then we will melt down his iron heart and use the magical substance within to regrow the trees on toomers corner to twice their normal size.

Toilet paper will grow from their magical branches and when the Rolls are ripe they will produce cam juice which our players will drink, leading us to the next Dynasty in sports, Auburn University."
I actually appreciate that guys humor...assuming he's joking.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I read the SI story this morning, this was the first I'd heard of this stuff. Then I read the six pages here.

What I noticed was missing from the comments here was that not a single poster questioned how this creep would be able to get a group of Bama players in his room to make his pitch...and so close to a big game.

And WHY would the Bama players give him the time of day? Despite, I'm assuming, being warned to stay away from him.

I understand college kids can be stupid about things, but good grief.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
so how do they explain that none of our players have tested positive for any of said banned substances? or does that matter to them?
if you read the story, the players were taken in and used the spray right before game. Even if the spray contained any growth factor (doubtful), it has to be taken over a period of time concurrent with exercise...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
IGF 1 cannot be detected in any test, but it is still illegal. IGF 1 is a peptide, which are now becoming the new designer ways to get bigger and stronger, but without the side affects and failing drug tests. Peptides are basically amino acids. There are dozens of sites that sell these on the internet, most in the usa and canada.
There was none, which is why the NCAA dropped the matter after investigation. These two bozos don't know what's in their "antler spray." They're simply reselling something produced and packed by someone else...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
if you read the story, the players were taken in and used the spray right before game. Even if the spray contained any growth factor (doubtful), it has to be taken over a period of time concurrent with exercise...
i wondered about that too. as if one could take a dose of hgh and then run into the gym and bench press 3x your normal weight. the whole story sounds stupid.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Christopher Keys of S.W.A.T.S. is on Smashmouth Radio right now. Here are Kevin Scarbinsky's tweets from the interview:

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Got a call in 2010 from Gene Chizik's wife saying she was interested in chip technology. Met with her.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Auburn wanted $250k to endorse SWATS chips technology. Later, SWATS told by AU police to leave Chiziks and AU alone

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Says LSU used the chips tech to beat Alabama in 2011 regular-season.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: After LSU 9, Ala 6, Key met with Ala players at Alex Watkins' house about chips technology.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Every one of the Ala, Auburn, LSU athletes paid for the chips.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Ala players were not aware he was recording their Jan 2012 meeting on a pen camera.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Said he recorded the Jan 2012 meeting with Ala players w/o their knowledge to protect himself bc ...

... previous Ala players had gone back on their word to endorse his products.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: More than 20 Ala players met with him in New Orleans before BCS Ch Game vs. LSU. 20 or so bought his products.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Ala players purchased chips and deer antler spray from him before BCS Ch Game vs. LSU.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: Sold no products to members of 2012 Alabama team.

Chris Key on Smashmouth: AU players met with him at Zac Etheridge's house before 2010 season. Bought chips, bands, not deer antler spray.
Here is Kevin's page if you want to look for more tweets from the show.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And now Mitch Ross himself is on Smashmouth. He was supposed to be on earlier this morning but was not able to be reached.

From Scarbinsky:

Mitch Ross on Smashmouth: Won't comment on Ray Lewis. Will release a statement on that subject later today.

Mitch Ross on Smashmouth: I don't deal with strength coaches. They shot me down.

Mitch Ross on Smashmouth: Scott Cochran of Ala, Tommy Moffitt of LSU, Kevin Yoxall of AU didn't want to deal with him.

Mitch Ross on Smashmouth: Gave Andre Smith, Glen Coffee, Andre Caldwell. Rolando McClain chips in 2008 with promise of endorsement later.

Mitch Ross on Smashmouth: LSU defenders used the chips before beating Ala 9-6 in 2011. Then sold chips to Ala players before BCS Ch Game.

Mitch Ross on Smashmouth: It's not about money with me. I want to help people. I want kids to stay off drugs.

Last edited:

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
There was none, which is why the NCAA dropped the matter after investigation. These two bozos don't know what's in their "antler spray." They're simply reselling something produced and packed by someone else...
What these guys don't understand, is IGF 1 or any other peptide does not work when taken orally, it has to be penned and has to be kept cold in the fridge after mixing with sterile water, or the peptide breaks down and loses its potency. Regardless, it seems pretty stupid to record all these athletes and go on record on what they ordered. Who is going to buy their crap now. Not their once target market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.