Link: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
"Snake Oil Salesmen" is definitely the apt description for these two guys selling this stuff.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is a non-story, it's only out there because Ray Lewis is in the Super Bowl/retiring, and I guess in part because a lot of people think he got away with murder. Alabama is part of it because they're Alabama, this guy is obviously trying to peddling to any football program he can, but he's not going to brag about these other schools because no one cares.

On another note, come to Alabama because they'll give you magical deer juice and you'll become a giant muscular beast without having to work out. You'll also both become impossible to tackle and unable to miss tackles. No practice required.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
A bozo, or snake-oil salesman selling magic antler spray needs an incredibly stupid target to sell anything. I'm stunned at the report saying there were 20 such Bama players.

What most bothers me, besides bozo having access to our players, is that one way of looking at the antler spray is it can be seen as an easy way to cheat. I would have hoped that factor alone would have kept any Bama players from wanting to hear this guy out, much less buy his product.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Mitch Ross is on 680 the fan- owner of SWATS....

he states that Bama used it against UGA in 2008 and UGA used it against Bama in SECCG this year... sd it's natural and unable to be banned. Antler velvet- Your body produces this naturally. Synthetically produced IGF1 is banned but this guy claims his product is natural. Interesting interview- will link it soon. Not FDA approved or legitimized. Also sd that the "chips" are banned- whatever that means.

Last edited:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Re: Mitch Ross is on 680 the fan- owner of SWATS....

he states that Bama used it against UGA in 2008 and UGA used it against Bama in SECCG this year... sd it's natural and unable to be banned. Antler velvet- Your body produces this naturally. Synthetically produced IGF1 is banned but this guy claims his product is natural. Interesting interview- will link it soon.
That explains a lot of things. :blush:

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama

Makes sense- huh? He said that IGF1 is in steaks and other proteins. I don't get the antler velvet part either.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

No matter how "young" we think they are, at some point these college kids need to use their brains and stop meeting with these types of people (especially when your university has already sent him more then one C&D order).

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
What these guys don't understand, is IGF 1 or any other peptide does not work when taken orally, it has to be penned and has to be kept cold in the fridge after mixing with sterile water, or the peptide breaks down and loses its potency. Regardless, it seems pretty stupid to record all these athletes and go on record on what they ordered. Who is going to buy their crap now. Not their once target market.
Oh don't be fooled. They understand this just fine! They know what they are selling is a bunch of baloney...

They just hope you don't!

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

No matter how "young" we think they are, at some point these college kids need to use their brains and stop meeting with these types of people (especially when your university has already sent him more then one C&D order).
All about the pitch. Good pitchman can sell to anyone. No I don't have one.:smile:

Roll Tide

big_fan78

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
There is no way all these players are buying this stuff. Going on tv and saying these things would be selling out his clients and all other athletes from buying it from him. Nobody likes a snitch. He would be committing career suicide. He give them a sample and they didn't make the sales. He is getting them back for not buying it.

It's very telling that the time they all took them was before there biggest game. He saying, it's not the athlete it's my products.

he states that Bama used it against UGA in 2008 and UGA used it against Bama in SECCG this year... sd it's natural and unable to be banned. Antler velvet- Your body produces this naturally. Synthetically produced IGF1 is banned but this guy claims his product is natural. Interesting interview- will link it soon. Not FDA approved or legitimized. Also sd that the "chips" are banned- whatever that means.
Isn't weed natural???

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL
There is no way all these players are buying this stuff. Going on tv and saying these things would be selling out his clients and all other athletes from buying it from him. Nobody likes a snitch. He would be committing career suicide. He give them a sample and they didn't make the sales. He is getting them back for not buying it.

It's very telling that the time they all took them was before there biggest game. He saying, it's not the athlete it's my products.
Has anyone ever even seen the so-called Alex Watkins YouTube testimonial?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
A bozo, or snake-oil salesman selling magic antler spray needs an incredibly stupid target to sell anything. I'm stunned at the report saying there were 20 such Bama players.

What most bothers me, besides bozo having access to our players, is that one way of looking at the antler spray is it can be seen as an easy way to cheat. I would have hoped that factor alone would have kept any Bama players from wanting to hear this guy out, much less buy his product.
18-22 year olds can be really gullible. hell, most adults are gullible. that's why snake oil has always been a profitable venture.

i have seen a ton of adults wearing these bracelets. everyone wants a quick and easy "solution" to their "problems". i bet these guys also extol the virtues of ear wax candles, detox "diets", reflexology, homeopathic remedies and whatever that crap is that "detoxes" you through the soles of your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.