News Article: Vanderbilt’s James Franklin calls Saban “Nicky Satan”

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Franklin has always been a little, shall we say, "bold" with his words. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Immature and stupid, but I'm not going to get my feelings hurt over it. He can call our coach whatever he wants; our coach's team will beat his team. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but we'll destroy you on the football field."

Franklin has always been a little, shall we say, "bold" with his words. This doesn't surprise me at all.
Immature and stupid, but I'm not going to get my feelings hurt over it. He can call our coach whatever he wants; our coach's team will beat his team. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but we'll destroy you on the football field."
Agreed. He isn't in the business to win style points with us or any other program other than Vanderbilt.

I'd honestly have a lesser opinion of him if he said he wasn't going to work as hard as Saban does. I'd say the same about any coach like that.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Agreed. He isn't in the business to win style points with us or any other program other than Vanderbilt.
I don't think anyone is suggesting he should feel otherwise, but the oft-overused term of 'class' comes into play here. I guess I'm old-school, but I'd be mortified if CNS stooped to name-calling of other coaches. I expect more from a representative of my university.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should feel otherwise, but the oft-overused term of 'class' comes into play here. I guess I'm old-school, but I'd be mortified if CNS stooped to name-calling of other coaches. I expect more from a representative of my university.
You're right. The use of the word "class" is way overused, and people are incredibly quick to throw that out as a "be all, end all" factor.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
You're right. The use of the word "class" is way overused, and people are incredibly quick to throw that out as a "be all, end all" factor.
And if a fan or two from another program are nice to us, then the program is deemed "classy." Likewise, a jerk or two render the entire program "classless." We, of course, are always & only "classy."
(note: the above classification scheme is used by fans of any program in the country.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.