Game Thread: Super Bowl thread...

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Awesome to see Upshaw win the Super Bowl a year after he won the BCS Title in the same venue! Mr. 334!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sure I did. I watched the Falcons game 2 weeks ago as well. I learned from that game that defensive holding is not called on 4th down late in the game. 49er fans were emphatic about that.

Was there something else they're supposed to be upset about?
I really don't care, but the call in the SB was horrible. If you were a SF fan, you would be very upset right now.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I really don't care, but the call in the SB was horrible. If you were a SF fan, you would be very upset right now.
The 49ers wouldn't have even been in the Superbowl without the exact same call going their way 2 weeks earlier so they can be sad about losing the game but they can't really be upset about that call at all.

The call was the correct one.

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
The 49ers wouldn't have even been in the Superbowl without the exact same call going their way 2 weeks earlier so they can be sad about losing the game but they can't really be upset about that call at all.
THIS!! Were it not for uncalled holding at the end of the game, the 49ers would have been watching Julio from the house.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Falcons fan?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
THIS!! Were it not for uncalled holding at the end of the game, the 49ers would have been watching Julio from the house.
So, to be clear, you guys are okay with the refs deciding games as long as the team that you are pulling for gets the benefit of the calls? At least be consistent. If the Falcons were robbed, so were the 49ers.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm pretty bummed....Waited 18 years to get back here. This hurts....badly...

What's even more upsetting? The way we (SF) lost this Super Bowl is the same way we (Bama) lost to A&M. Less than 10 yards to go to get into the endzone to win a game after falling behind BIG early on....And the play calling...Almost the SAME questionable play calls that we (Bama) made (i.e. cutting off half the field and rolling right). Hurt, man...

But at the same time, I have never rooted against the Ravens before tonight. I have so much respect for Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Matt Birk, Boldin, Ray Lewis...And not to mention all the Bama ties. So kudos to them. I always thought Reed deserved one because he got there the year after they won the last one. Congrats to the Ravens and their fans....but I hope we can get back next year.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So you don't care that the same damn call was called the same damn way?
I want the players on the field to decide the games - all of the games. I was just as upset at the number of bad calls late in the NFCCG, but since I was a fan of neither team that didn't carry over into the SB with me cheering for more bad calls as long as they hurt the 49ers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.