New weight room photo...

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I did track at Bama (walk on) and we got to work out in the football weight room a few times when our regular weight room was unavailable. It was not very impressive, but then again, that was under Franchione.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I did track at Bama (walk on) and we got to work out in the football weight room a few times when our regular weight room was unavailable. It was not very impressive, but then again, that was under Franchione.
Hold the rope, Shawty!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's why Bama is the best in college football..To be the best..You have to have the best..And from the AD on down to the line..We have the best..We're The Crimson Tide..The best football program the game has ever seen..

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I heard when CNS came in 2007, he looked around the weight room at night and ordered that the TVs on the wall be removed by morning. Said something to the effect of, "We're not here to watch TV". Interesting there are monitors. Maybe I heard wrong from that staffer, or maybe they play motivational stuff, or maybe he's changed his philosophy.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I heard when CNS came in 2007, he looked around the weight room at night and ordered that the TVs on the wall be removed by morning. Said something to the effect of, "We're not here to watch TV". Interesting there are monitors. Maybe I heard wrong from that staffer, or maybe they play motivational stuff, or maybe he's changed his philosophy.
I believe that was proven to be unsubstantiated...but it sure sounded good.

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
I went there a few times throughout Fall of 2010 and they would have "Beat Penn State" or "Beat Tennessee" in the other team's colors showing on them and that was it. No cable TV for sure.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
The workouts for the day are posted on the TV's.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
Yeah this has kind of been answered, but when I went through there in 2009, they had a motivational word of the day, workout plans, and other informational stuff on the screens. Definitely not CNN or ESPN or anything.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
What did the old weight room look like?
Back in the early 80s our weight room was in Coleman Coliseum-we entered the exit facing Druid City. It was located in two rooms. After entering the exit the first room on the right had the free weights and the first room on the left had the machines. They were good sized rooms but nothing like this.

Combined they would only be about a third of the size of this new weight room.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.