***How NSD will work on Tidefans.com*** (PLEASE READ)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
***DO NOT HIT REFRESH OR F5 REPEATEDLY*** This bogs down the servers and can cause the site to run slowly or crash. Go back through your normal routes to get to the website.

We will have several stickied threads. One will be continously updated with a running list of LOIs received. Feel free to comment in that thread, and a mod will update the list on the 1st post.

The other stickied threads will be "ceremony" threads for those that are announcing tomorrow. We will keep those threads locked until right before the announcement. We will also lock the other threads on those prospects, just to help navigate traffic.

That will help us moderate the board. Do not post new "Player X announces for Bama" or "Player X LOI received." Our attention will be on the LOI thread and the announcement threads tomorrow.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something....

*** Edit by Brett***
Just wanted to mention that the front page will be a static page tomorrow (i.e. no pictures, no dynamic content, no articles, etc.). This helps reduce server load, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I have to say this is one of the best run and well managed fan sites Ive ever run upon.
I appreciate all the effort that goes into keeping it that way.

Look forward to reading lots of good news tomorrow.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
2 questions

the times you are posting in other threads, are those announcement times for tomorrow or times that people are announcing commitments today?

How do I not hit refresh if I am just staying on the LOI received thread all day? Does it auto-refresh?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Happy (early) Nick Saban Day! It feels like Christmas Eve again!!

Thank you, TideFans Moderators/Administrators for making NSD an enjoyable experience! Can't wait until tomorrow!!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
2 questions

the times you are posting in other threads, are those announcement times for tomorrow or times that people are announcing commitments today?

How do I not hit refresh if I am just staying on the LOI received thread all day? Does it auto-refresh?
The times are for tomorrow...

Just have a separate tab for the Tidefans.com Recruiting Page and open a new tab for the LOI thread. Close it. Repeat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.