President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbaugh..

President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbaugh..

I just think it's great with the press Bama receives. Here is the PotUS congratulating the Super Bowl winner and bringing up Alabama. That is crazy. He's a big sport's fan so things like this don't surprise me, still cool though.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbau

In any case... it's nice to hear the President of the United States discussing Crimson Tide football with Ozzie Newsome. Clearly, Ozzie loves Bama.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbau

It was a great conversation...Ozzie, a Bama icon, explaining what an honor it was to speak to President Obama.

I'm trying to imagine some prepper giving the President some "talking points" to bring up before the talk..."Hey, in discussing the Super Bowl, when you speak to Ozzie, mention the high school guy who got an Auburn tattoo then went to Bama...that will be a big hit with the Raven fans."

That sounds very unlikely to me...

A detached politician might need prepping before a sports interview, but I think the President is simply a true sports fan.

And for Alabama to step on the Super Bowl's glory and share the limelight...just wow.

Last edited:

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

I vote this thread to the nonsports board where I can say what I really think.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbou

Some here are treading the line of discussing politics on the FB board. Keep it about football or it's going to NS.
PLEASE don't punish the rest of the board because a few can not follow the rules on TideFans. It's a slap in the face to everyone here when you blatantly ignore the requests of the moderators. Let them start their own thread on NS.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I vote this thread to the nonsports board where I can say what I really think.
When you sign on here you should understand the rules. If your political views are stronger than your love for Alabama football then you do need to express your sentiments on the NS board.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Good grief! It was a call from the President of the United States who was elected by democratic process. It would have been just as impressive if W had made the call. Respect the office, if not the man.
I agree, it's not about your political affiliation.
It's about Alabama Football and getting mentions in the other arenas.
It helps that Ozzie is a great spokesman for Alabama Football, and channeled the discussion into a 'Shout Out' for Alabama... Got to love that. :BigA:

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree, it's not about your political affiliation.
It's about Alabama Football and getting mentions in the other arenas.
It helps that Ozzie is a great spokesman for Alabama Football, and channeled the discussion into a 'Shout Out' for Alabama... Got to love that. :BigA:
Exactly..I thought it was awesome & it's great free publicity for our football program..

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

The great thing is, when 'Bama takes the field next season, O'Bama won't need his handlers' help in IDing two potentially great new players in jerseys with the names REUB. FOSTER and ROB. FOSTER. Or REU. FOSTER and RO. FOSTER. How cool's that gonna be?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.