Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Anyone hear this show tonight?

Driving home tonight I was listening to Eyes on Auburn radio show for a bit of entertainment.

Rob Pate a former Auburn player is one of the host. After they finished whining about Alabama cherry picking their top recruits; Foster, Liner, etc.

One of the hosts made the comment that Alabama is promoting to recruits their success as an up and coming program.
Then he stated --However in 2 of their 3 National Titles Alabama had 1 loss seasons and backed into the BCS title games. And in their other national title game Alabama played a team that lost their starting QB and linebacker. Implying that--Alabama isn't really all they are cracked up to be--every recruit should realize this.

What is going on down on the Plains? I did not think it could get any worse for those people.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Its called denial. Most likely a psychological meaning somewhere (will defer to the appropriate resident professionals here on TideFans). Loving this era of Crimson Tide football :) RTR

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
well. I'm sure everyone realized how their last season was...

Driving home tonight I was listening to Eyes on Auburn radio show for a bit of entertainment.

Rob Pate a former Auburn player is one of the host. After they finished whining about Alabama cherry picking their top recruits; Foster, Liner, etc.

One of the hosts made the comment that Alabama is promoting to recruits their success as an up and coming program.
Then he stated --However in 2 of their 3 National Titles Alabama had 1 loss seasons and backed into the BCS title games. And in their other national title game Alabama played a team that lost their starting QB and linebacker. Implying that--Alabama isn't really all they are cracked up to be--every recruit should realize this.

What is going on down on the Plains? I did not think it could get any worse for those people.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My first thought regarding the one loss comment is "so what?" Every other team had a loss BOTH years, so what's the point? The whine about Colt - well, we injured him on a clean hit. How many games did we play that year without Donta Hightower?

And besides - Auburn won, bought, rented a national title. This should make our job HARDER. That we won two titles right after they won one is a sensational achievement. And since we're in the excuse business, didn't Auburn face Arkansas for much of that 2010 game without starter Ryan Mallett? Didn't Auburn beat us in 2005 when we were without Prothro and much of the O-line? Look, those excuses are ridiculous but the same thing goes on against Auburn.

Oh - and wasn't Oregon's starting QB for 2010 (Masoli) - a senior - dismissed from the team? I mean, if you're gonna play that game then their title is as tainted as ours - even before Camgate.

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
I listened to a few minutes, couldn't stand it long, they were on the big "fambly" spill and how great Auburn is. They definitely could not deny that RF was a big loss for them to take. Surprisingly, according to most sites they will still end up with a Top 15 recruiting class...

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
Don't try to figure out their mentality. Gotta say though that they backed into 1/3 of their wins this last year. Surely even the most delusional realize that. Nah, guess not.

Had one ask me today if we had 'roid dispensers in our new wieght room. I just replied "we sure do, just fill the cup like an Icee." They are a jealous and miserable lot.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
An aub at work said for two years in a row we played someone who was not a good team and how lucky we were in BCS games. I laughed in his face! We defeated the UNDEFEATED #1 team two years in a row ~ BUT WE ARE LUCKY.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I listened to a few minutes, couldn't stand it long, they were on the big "fambly" spill and how great Auburn is. They definitely could not deny that RF was a big loss for them to take. Surprisingly, according to most sites they will still end up with a Top 15 recruiting class...
Yes, but top 15 is not even top 5 in the SEC. Heck, they're looking at 5th in the West, behind us, LSU, Texas A&M and Ole Miss - at best.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
To get to the BCSNCG, about a million things have to go right. Most of them are completely out of your control. Things like injuries, rankings, and especially what happens to other highly ranked teams that you don't play. If K State and Oregon had not lost in 2012, Bama would have played in the Sugar Bowl. Our team had no effect on those schools' records, for the simple reason that neither of them was on our schedule. If we had lost a second game, would one of those teams have been considered to have "backed into" the NCG? Or would people just say they had a better record?

My point is, CNS and his staff is the best there is at positively effecting whatever IS within "our" control. (By "our" I mean all of Tide Nation, from the team to the fans.) The best thing any program can do to get to the BCSNCG is just win, and keep winning. All K State and Oregon had to do was win out. They did not. If you don't take care of your own business, you can't expect wonderful things to just fall from the sky.

There will always be the whiners. "Oh, if only Colt hadn't gotten hurt." "Oh, if only..." Whatever. The fact is, our team took care of business, and there are three crystal footballs in Bryant Museum to show for it. For 2009, 2011 and 2012, all those other programs just have... excuses.

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
My first thought regarding the one loss comment is "so what?" Every other team had a loss BOTH years, so what's the point? The whine about Colt - well, we injured him on a clean hit. How many games did we play that year without Donta Hightower?

And besides - Auburn won, bought, rented a national title. This should make our job HARDER. That we won two titles right after they won one is a sensational achievement. And since we're in the excuse business, didn't Auburn face Arkansas for much of that 2010 game without starter Ryan Mallett? Didn't Auburn beat us in 2005 when we were without Prothro and much of the O-line? Look, those excuses are ridiculous but the same thing goes on against Auburn.

Oh - and wasn't Oregon's starting QB for 2010 (Masoli) - a senior - dismissed from the team? I mean, if you're gonna play that game then their title is as tainted as ours - even before Camgate.
Don't you know that only *U is allowed to make excuses? That's the law down on the most delusional village on the plains.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
This is exactly why I hate those idiots. I mean, hate as in I don't even talk to my own relatives who are barn fans. Their "logic" is just stupid! Over the last decade, we have beaten them by scores of 31-7, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0, and yet they will try and say that those games were closer than the score indicated! I have had more than one tell me that the last two (42-14 and 49-0) were not the blowouts that they looked like on the scoreboard. :conf2: Name one other fan base that would even try and put such an unrealistic spin on blowout losses. I can't begin to come up with one. Then they want to say something about our one loss national title seasons! That's hysterical. Florida has won all three of their national titles with one loss. LSU had two losses in 2007. More times than not over the last several years, teams have won the title with a loss. As stupid as all that is, the one that takes the cake is them actually comparing their current "down time" to our down time in the pre-Saban days. They say that we had seasons of 4-7 in 1997, 3-8 in 2000, and 4-9 in 2003. Uhh, well, let's see, they had records of 5-7 in 2008, and 3-9 in 2012. Since they want to compare the two programs' down times, well lets look at this. In 1997, 2000, and 2003, did we go 0-8 in the SEC? Strange how they left that out. What a sad sad bunch.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

the idea of "backing in" to the title game is stupid because if the theory is that a team only gets in because someone in front of them loses, then every team "backs in" unless they go wire to wire as either the #1 or #2 team. it's just loser talk.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
This coming from the same idiotic program that hired a 5-19 coach and could not believe it didn't work out. Then it went and got a guy who has 1 year of college head coaching experience. LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.