Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
This "event" has been broadly reported - including by ESPN. IMO, if it is not aggressively addressed by Auburn officials, it will cost them in the recruiting game for years to come.

If Dismukes is publicly chastised and punished for his racist behavior, he is shown to be a bigoted individual. If it is not addressed publicly, you have to assume that the culture of the program is one that accepts the behavior, right?
I agree. If I were his coach and was able to determine definitively that he actually did this, I'd give him his walking papers. I don't even care if he publicly apologizes. You can't have that kind of garbage. It hurts the team and hurts the perception of the program. Not that I particulalry care how bad the perception of their program is, but, if I were the coach...

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Allegedly, Dismukes and Foster exchanged words and Dismukes called him the "N" word. That was what caused Foster to leave his official visit to *U early and go to Tuscaloosa. Heath Evans, former *U fullback, was on a Huntsville sportstalk show hosted by Cole Cubelic yesterday and was raking Dismukes over the coals about it. He said he had been told by several current players what happened. Naturally, the denizens of the boog boards were attacking Evans for having a big mouth.
They live in a dream world. Their latest spin on this is that Foster was recruiting for us and Dispukes called him out on it. Funny that no mention of that was made by anyone that was there. The boogs are very afraid of the machine we have put together. They have probably motivated Foster enough that he'll be a one-man wrecking crew in the next Iron Bowl. :biggrin2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Wonder if the Barn picked up any recruits today based on the fact they have a chik-fil-a on campus?
Too funny that they are known as a "Cow College" and play more bowl games at the Chik-Fil-A Bowl than any other SEC team. :biggrin2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
At first I figured it was just a rumor that an Auburn senior called a recruit a racist name. Surely he couldn't be that dumb. Hasn't he ever noticed the race of most of his teammates? Then I googled the guy, when this picture popped up, the rumor got easier to believe, he really might be that dumb.

Remember that this kid was passed out on the sidewalk at Goober's Corner a week before the season started? Slept it off in the city jail.

A couple months later he ins involved in an altercation at Krystals when he called a couple of black students the "N" word.

More than likely this punk was imbibing on Saturday and his true colors came through again when he used the racial slur.

This kid is a cancer on that team, and I for one am glad that they have him. :rolleyes:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Anyone hear this show tonight?

Driving home tonight I was listening to Eyes on Auburn radio show for a bit of entertainment.

Rob Pate a former Auburn player is one of the host. After they finished whining about Alabama cherry picking their top recruits; Foster, Liner, etc.

One of the hosts made the comment that Alabama is promoting to recruits their success as an up and coming program.
Then he stated --However in 2 of their 3 National Titles Alabama had 1 loss seasons and backed into the BCS title games. And in their other national title game Alabama played a team that lost their starting QB and linebacker. Implying that--Alabama isn't really all they are cracked up to be--every recruit should realize this.

What is going on down on the Plains? I did not think it could get any worse for those people.

What else do they have to talk about, their football team stunk.

Its called avoidance.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
You can't believe the spinning going on up here in Knoxville about their 'Top 25' class. LOL! Jones is trying to sound like Dooley that UT won't be kicked around any more. We saw how that worked out. I swear that I just can't figure out sometimes who I hate more - the Viles or the boogs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
You dont have to choose, they can just stay tied????

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I was listening to Max Howell's show on the drive home last night and the barners were all calling in singing the praises of the new staff and doging the crap out of chizik. "He has ruined Kiel Frazier" etc. My how they have forgotten the "Chizik is out recruiting Saban" He's a better coach" BS I can't wait till the new bozo is processed and sent back to AR to coach high school ball again.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I loved the statement of one Barner friend who posted on FB that the rest of the SEC should "take notice" because of their great recruiting class.

Think about that. They are so blind to how "great" things are with Auburn that they can't even see that their class got them even further behind the rest of the SEC West (except for MSU).

Also, regarding the way we've been beating Auburn the last few years (true beat downs). Back when they beat us six games in a row they NEVER beat us like we've been beating them.

In a few years they'll grow to realize that the worse thing that ever happened to them was the year they beat us 28-27. It has and will continue to serve as motivation for CNS dominating TSDTR!

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Since I am surrounded by Auburn fans at my office, I am subjected to a never-ending barrage of this sort of rhetoric.

I can recite quite a few points from memory:

1. National championships simply do not exist. They are mythical. [Now, they were not mythical in 2010 when my Auburn fan coworkers were high-fiving each other over the chance to win their first NC in 53 years.] The only way for there to be a championship, they say, is for there to be a playoff. The --- only --- way.

2. Even though national championships do not exist, the only ones that can be considered legitimate are the ones when a team goes undefeated (and untied in years past).

3. Alabama's only two accomplishments in the Nick Saban era are two SEC titles. That is all that we have done. Everything else, they say, is smoke-and-mirrors.

4. Alabama's other accomplishments (National Championships, Heisman trophies, Outland trophies, Doak Walker Awards, etc) are decided by polls. Therefore, any accomplishments by Alabama in these arenas are simply beauty pageants, where the voters are a press corps that are biased toward
Alabama.

5. They present me (weekly during the off-season, daily during football season) with various statistics about the two programs. They will compare winning percentages with varying start dates depending on what they want to "prove." The start dates are very convenient: "We [Auburn] have won more [games, titles, etc] since [2001, 2000, 1997, 1992, 1983, 1982, 1981] than Alabama has."

6. When they are in a slump, they revert to their second line of defense: They are not a football school [I usually agree with them on this point], and tout their academics. When I point out that Alabama ranks higher in the US News & World Report rankings, I am harangued with arguments about the quality of various colleges within the two universities. They seem particularly impressed with their engineering school.

I could go on and on, but that is a good snapshot of what I deal with each day, surrounded by a bank of mercifully-loud servers that drown-out most of their moaning and wailing.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
I was listening to Max Howell's show on the drive home last night and the barners were all calling in singing the praises of the new staff and doging the crap out of chizik. "He has ruined Kiel Frazier" etc. My how they have forgotten the "Chizik is out recruiting Saban" He's a better coach" BS I can't wait till the new bozo is processed and sent back to AR to coach high school ball again.
And they wouldn't swap Chizik for 10 Coach Sabans.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
Funny how I read this thread and it's like we all share the same experiences in dealing with barners. What's the common denominator? Barners. So many are alike. All I have heard in the last two days is how great their class is, Saban oversigned AGAIN and us and Ole Miss pay players or buy chargers. Saban is just average without all his questionable tactics and using players. Gus is an innovator and a genuis and Saban fears the no huddle. They are too stupid to see how much we run no huddle, like the first series against them last season. To stupid to realize that they have a player on their on roster that coach Saban gave a complete release to play there. These are the reasons why 49-0 is not enough and more beatdowns will not diminish my enjoyment of beating them one bit.

Sorry for the rant, but someone gave me a forum.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Those worthless slugs hang onto that 6 in a row like it's the only thing they have ever accomplished. If that is their greatest achievement, then fine, but, it's only going to get further and further into the past. Beating us those 6 years means NOTHING today. Especially when our wins over them since then have been absolute beat downs. Even though, according to them, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 were not as lopsided as the scores indicated. :rofl: I also had one tell me not too long ago that Alabama beating auburn for 4 out the last 5 years isn't all that impressive because of the fact that, (just like Alabama in the early to mid 2000's), auburn has been down. Really? I don't even know where to begin on that one. We were down during that time thanks to a debilitating probation. We didn't get hit as hard as Penn State and SMU, but it was dang close. What's *U's excuse? Why are they "down"? According to them, the the NCAA came and went and *U came out squeaky clean. So, it can't be that. So what is it? You can't talk to that fan base. You just can't. No matter what, they will always have an answer. They will stand there and defend losing 49-0 and say some crap about "well, we did force a turnover on you guys in the fourth quarter". Never mind that it was 49-0 and our 3rd string was in the game. They lose 42-14 at terry bowden field and they still have the audacity to beat their chests about running back the second half kickoff. Then turn around and say "nanna nanna boo boo 6 in a row, remember when tuberville held up 6 fingers, ha ha ha ha". Dumbest fan base in the world. Period.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It bears repeating: Auburn exists to beat Bama. Bama exists to win championships.

They'd take the "six in a row" over the championship in 2010 if they were forced to choose.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
My Barner fan had the audacity to ask me if: I really thought Bama had a chance against Aubarn in the 2010 Iron Bowl? My answer was that I can't remember a game since CNS has been at Bama that I didn't think Bama was going to win, and that Bama let up is the only reason for Aubruns come back in the 2nd half. He walked away unconvinced and mumbling something about, WOW! Bama fans.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The typical barner spin on losing the Iron Bowl goes something like this.

2008:" Well, if we hit that field goal right before the half, it's a 10-3 game to start the 3rd quarter and we come out fired up and probably win."

2011: "Take away 35 of the 42 that Bama scored, and we win 14-7."

2012: Take away the 49 that Bama scored and the game goes into overtime at 0-0".

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I agree. If I were his coach and was able to determine definitively that he actually did this, I'd give him his walking papers. I don't even care if he publicly apologizes. You can't have that kind of garbage. It hurts the team and hurts the perception of the program. Not that I particulalry care how bad the perception of their program is, but, if I were the coach...
You are exactly right. The thing the barners are hanging their hat on at this time is how much more disciplined the team and program will be under malzaughn. Funny thing though, isn't malzaughn the same guy that took spice smoking, gun loaning mike dyer with him to AR St.?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The typical barner spin on losing the Iron Bowl goes something like this.

2008:" Well, if we hit that field goal right before the half, it's a 10-3 game to start the 3rd quarter and we come out fired up and probably win."

2011: "Take away 35 of the 42 that Bama scored, and we win 14-7."

2012: Take away the 49 that Bama scored and the game goes into overtime at 0-0".
^^^Post of the day^^^^

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.