Does our DL already become faster than last year while maintaining similar strength?

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Liner is sure to compete for time right away, Robinson is just a physical freak at defensive tackle.

we're certain to see a rotation of pagan, pettway, fanning, kirven, ivory, lake and stinson/ it feels like we'd be a lot quicker and faster on the line while still having that huge run stuffer in lake, ivory, robinson.

it'll be interesting how we seal the edge and stop the run against VT and TAMU, back to back dual threat qbs. it's settling though knowing we have all summer to prepare for the...saban with time is very scary to opponents/should be unfair.

here's to seeing the greatest class ever blossom into their potential.

roll tide!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Robinson may end up at OL. I do like the of finding more every down players for UTNH offenses though.

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL
It's very rare in a CNS defense that any freshman DL's get much starting time. They'll get some mop up duty and the occasional rotational spots, but I have yet to see any really start and contribute much their first year. Most go the way of Pagan and Dareus: rotating in a good bit their sophomore year, and then really getting full time their Jr year.

I think our DL will be better overall this year though, just from some talented guys getting more time to grow. I predict Pagan will be a force in the mold of a Dareus or Williams. I really see him coming out next year.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Liner is sure to compete for time right away, Robinson is just a physical freak at defensive tackle.

we're certain to see a rotation of pagan, pettway, fanning, kirven, ivory, lake and stinson/ it feels like we'd be a lot quicker and faster on the line while still having that huge run stuffer in lake, ivory, robinson.

it'll be interesting how we seal the edge and stop the run against VT and TAMU, back to back dual threat qbs. it's settling though knowing we have all summer to prepare for the...saban with time is very scary to opponents/should be unfair.

here's to seeing the greatest class ever blossom into their potential.

roll tide!
You left off Dalvin Tomlinson.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Robinson may end up at OL. I do like the of finding more every down players for UTNH offenses though.
barring massive injuries on the OLine, Robinson will play on the Dline. the young man has NT written all over him.

given the depth at NG and playing these HUNH offenses, rotation of fresh bodies will be crucial down the stretch.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
reuben foster will definitely see time coming off the edge, the dude is so quick it's actually mind boggling. Allen, Foster, Williams will be amazing pass rushers from the linebacker position. 2013's defense will be one of the most entertaining and fastest we've had under saban. I think Foster shapes up too and plays for the team. cant wait to see him jack up PR/KR on ST too early in the season

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Robinson looks to be better suited for the OL.
He does seem to have long arms and a pretty lean body for how big he is. I really believe he could go either way. Not sure what the scouting report is on him as an OL but he has the potential bodywise.

In saying that, he also could be a stud on the DL as well. He seems like an incredibly powerful young man.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
barring massive injuries on the OLine, Robinson will play on the Dline. the young man has NT written all over him.

given the depth at NG and playing these HUNH offenses, rotation of fresh bodies will be crucial down the stretch.

I agree, I see Robinson playing NT. I think if we had one or two other guys fall in line for us on signing day on the defensive line than OL would have been a bigger possibility. I think nose tackle is his future.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I think we recruited him to play DL too. Like those who think Henry is going to get swapped to LB before the end of Fall camp, they haven't looked at the depth chart. As much talent as we have coming in at tailback (and already here), it's actually a bigger logjam at LB. It's much the same for Robinson in regards to OL. We're actually pretty darn well off at OG and OT has plenty of developmental depth.

I really believe Robinson is a signal of our response to the UTNH offense. We're going to get guys at NT who can play some one-gap principles...a little bit smaller, a tad more of a middle pressure threat. 303lbs is still a big ol' dude but compared to Cody and Jesse Williams that is small. We spend such little time in odd front because of the looks we get that it dictates getting more traditional even front personnel.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.