Question: Offensive Line Assistant coaches

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
Who are the assistant OL coaches? I know that Chris Samuels is one. Just wondering if it's possible that there will be a promotion from within.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Samuels is the most intriguing pick for a UA fan standpoint but there might be some other coach's out there that are well established in OL coaching. I'd be happy with Samuels though.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Lately, he's gone with more experience and that's one reason I think he may take a run at Searels. However, both Samuels and Mathis have experience similar to what Searels had when CNS hired him at LSU, so who knows? I want whomever he wants...

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
It's usually a guy that nobody is talking about like Stoutland, Nuss, Brown, etc. I agree Samuels would be a good choice ,but is he ready. Thankfully we have Saban & he usually replaces the previous coach that turns out just as good if not better. Also, Pendry still helps out with the team so it's a good problem to have.

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
The pecking order of coaching priorities for me are HC, OC (only because Saban can back fill the DC), DC, OL, DL, etc.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Lately, he's gone with more experience and that's one reason I think he may take a run at Searels. However, both Samuels and Mathis have experience similar to what Searels had when CNS hired him at LSU, so who knows? I want whomever he wants...
Don`t know what CNS thinks of him (OK with whomever CNS picks), but I wonder if Will Friend would like to come back to " Mama"?

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
I would think it would be a hot-handed recruiter . The book and drills are already laid out in detail and a lot of folk standing around could run players through their paces.

Alabama Oline Coach is a heck of a place to start your on-field coaching career.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think OL recruiting has become a high stakes game for sure, who ever he hires has got to be an accomplished recruiter, especially to reel in these big tackle prospects who at this point are second only to quarterbacks in their ability to command attention and eventually cash when they get to the NFL. Basically every NFL team needs a shut down left tackle and a quarterback to compete.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I know Evan Cardwell is still associated with the team, but I don't think he is on the field coaching. I'd like to see Chris Samuels get the job, but don't know how good of a recruiter he will be.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I know Evan Cardwell is still associated with the team, but I don't think he is on the field coaching. I'd like to see Chris Samuels get the job, but don't know how good of a recruiter he will be.
Chris Samuels would instantly give Alabama more boots on the ground in south Alabama. He played and coached in the area. Not to mention his NFL credentials as an all-Pro and assistant. Regardless, loosing Coach Stoutland's ties to south Florida will hurt. We were really starting to make in-roads in the Miami area.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This past season, Wisconsin promoted Grad Assistant Bart Miller to OL coach after the second game of the year. Mike Markuson was fired after the second game. Previously, Markuson was at Ole Miss from 2007 to 2012 before Bielema hired him in January 2012. He was at Arkansas with Nutt and then went to Oxford when CHN did.

Markuson replaced Bob Bostad as OL Coach. Bostad left Wisconsin to go to Pitt with Paul Chryst but left there to go to Tampa Bay to be OL coach for the Bucs.

Long story short, I doubt Alabama gets any of Wisconsin's last 3 OL coaches.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.