Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I agree...they need to be gone. I would think indefinitely is going to become forever soon.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Agreed. Though it may sound strange and don't ask me how I know this, knocking somebody out fairly quickly is a learned skill and not all that hard once you've done it a few times, assuming the target is not in a defensive posture. I would guess that somebody who would go out to perpretate strong arm robberies in what I take as an almost casual manner, at least at the outset, has a great deal of confidence in their striking ability.

I am guessing Williams has not had formal training in this, which means he's had quite a bit of practice. I would be interested to see what turned up in a review of reported but unsolved strong arm robberies in locales where Williams has been known to reside.
Eddie was never in trouble in high school and was a good student. He was one of our first commitments last year and did so because he wanted to help us in recruiting. When I read this about him I was shocked.
Obviously something has gone badly wrong in the last year. But I don't concur with the theory that he was a phantom, unknown thug that committed unsolved crimes in his hometown.
If I had to speculate I'd probably sadly say that drugs are involved in all likelihood. You don't get arrested one day and commit an even worse offense the next unless you're feeling ten foot tall and bullet proof.
I had a friend who served prison time for cocaine distribution. He told me after his release that he had to sell it to support his own habit.
When I asked him how addictive it really was he said.."You're one of my very best friends. If I needed it and I knew you had the money, I'd ask you for it. If you wouldn't give it to me, I'd have killed you to get it".
I would think that the laptop was the primary target here, not the credit cards to buy snacks. Laptops can be sold.
Hope I'm wrong.
sip

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A

I agree...they need to be gone. I would think indefinitely is going to become forever soon.
No doubt. With CNS emphasis on accountability in making proper decisions and choices, I am sure his punishment will be severe and final when it is determined they are guilty as charged.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

As I read more about this the more disturbing it is. Football aside, it takes a mean spirited person to attack an innocent person and beat them to unconsciousness in the manner that is being reported. Either they were on something (drug related) or they are simply evil people.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

As I read more about this the more disturbing it is. Football aside, it takes a mean spirited person to attack an innocent person and beat them to unconsciousness in the manner that is being reported. Either they were on something (drug related) or they are simply evil people.
I'd bet on the big "D" word. Good people don't suddenly transform into evil people unless they're under the influence of some evil force.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I haven't yet read all the details but as of now, send them to Miami or Florida State. We need higher character on our team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Wasn't DJ the guy who suplexed the Mizzou tailback?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'd bet on the big "D" word. Good people don't suddenly transform into evil people unless they're under the influence of some evil force.
I agree that it was most likely drug related. It is possible it was a pay back for something that had happened in the past but it seems Williams was acting strange when he got busted for the gun which makes me think drugs.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

See ya.....

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

it's a really sad day for everyone involved...Bama fans, Coach Saban, the accused players, anyone who loves our program....but it can't be emphasized enough that the saddest thing about the entire occurrence is that University of Alabama students were attacked and robbed and beaten.
At this point their well being is the only thing that matters at all.
sip

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

it's a really sad day for everyone involved...Bama fans, Coach Saban, the accused players, anyone who loves our program....but it can't be emphasized enough that the saddest thing about the entire occurrence is that University of Alabama students were attacked and robbed and beaten.
At this point their well being is the only thing that matters at all.

sip
That's the main thing. College campuses are schools and supposed to be a safe haven. If the confessions are true, then the players are going to reap what they sow, but victims of violent crimes aren't always made whole afterward. Even though 4 players is not indicative of our team or student-athlete population, it'd be a nice gesture if the AD contributed toward counseling/ therapy sessions for the victims since it did happen on campus.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Assuming these charges are true, It's sad for the victims.
I agree. It's not really sad for the players involved if everything alleged is true. I'm not going to rush to judgment, but suspending the players pending investigation is proper so that everything is sorted out and potential problems are not distractions in workouts/ etc. I'll only feel bad for the players if it turns out to be an overblown situation (it doesn't sound that way atm). It may be harsh, but I won't feel a shred of pity for the perpetrator of a violent crime.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

These guys had an opportunity to play for the premier college football program. If they weren't smart enough to realize that, they dont belong here. At very least, a chance at a free education, at best a chance for great wealth with the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.