Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

It's something about the original thread title, well we now see their progress, before and after. Some really poor decision making by these four.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Very disappointing. It was awesome to walk into work and get informed of this by a couple of barners slobbering all over themselves to tell to me about it...
You should just ask their opinions as to what might happen to these young men, as what with the issues *u has had they should be experts in that field, since they weren't worth a cent, or point, on the gridiron.
Roll National Champions, Roll!

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Very disappointing. It was awesome to walk into work and get informed of this by a couple of barners slobbering all over themselves to tell to me about it...

There's a Vol fan here in the office (good guy) who asked me if they were good players and said "we'll take 'em". It was pretty funny.

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana

How are we just now finding out that Williams was arrested before this arrest?

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Could this effect some of the Gray shirt recruits? Could this allow a schlorship to be awarded to a kid that took a gray shirt, and deferred? That is assuming that some of the charges stick, and schlorships are lost.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Off the top of my head, "theft by deception." However, criminal law is not my field...
Still not finding anything...

Finally got it...

(e) Illegal possession of or fraudulent use of a credit card or debit card is a Class C felony.
(Alabama Code 13A-9-14)

(3) For a Class C felony, not more than 10 years or less than 1 year and 1 day.
(Alabama Code Section 13A-5-6)

And a possible fine:

(3) For a Class C felony, not more than $15,000; or

(4) Any amount not exceeding double the pecuniary gain to the defendant or loss to the victim caused by the commission of the offense.

(b) As used in this section, "gain" means the amount of money or the value of property derived from the commission of the crime, less the amount of money or the value of property returned to the victim of the crime or seized or surrendered to lawful authority prior to the time sentence is imposed. "Value" shall be determined by the standards established in subdivision (14) of Section 13A-8-1.
(Alabama Code Section 13A-5-11)

Something to consider if a firearm was involved (not saying one was, just mentioning the possibly punishment:

(4) For a Class A felony in which a firearm or deadly weapon was used or attempted to be used in the commission of the felony, or a Class A felony criminal sex offense involving a child as defined in Section 15-20-21(5), not less than 20 years.

(5) For a Class B or C felony in which a firearm or deadly weapon was used or attempted to be used in the commission of the felony, or a Class B felony criminal sex offense involving a child as defined in Section 15-20-21(5), not less than 10 years.
(Alabama Code Section 13A-5-6)

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Could this effect some of the Gray shirt recruits? Could this allow a schlorship to be awarded to a kid that took a gray shirt, and deferred? That is assuming that some of the charges stick, and schlorships are lost.
Doubtful. Bozeman is the only one, and it is to rehab his knee.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

2nd Degree Robbery is a Class B Felony in the state of Alabama, which means this as punishment:

(Alabama Code 13A-5-6)

(Alabama Code Section 13A-5-11)

I'm struggling to find information about the fraudulent use of a credit card. Point here, though, is three of them face no less than 2 years in jail and a hefty fine.
Pretty simple. They were ringing it up on a stolen card, or at best case, a card that wasn't theirs.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

we know nothing at this point, nothing. DA could decide to charge all with everything or 1 with all charges. Until then there is no call to speculate
Good point. I will say it doesn't look great right now. Obviously, something more could be happening here. Some of the guys could have been charged to induce some talking to damn the others.

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005

It's simply using a stolen credit card. Class C felony, 1-10 by statute. Sounds like they strong armed someone, took their card and were dumb enough to use it.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Brent Calloway is sparring with a fan on twitter denying it was a credit card and saying he was asleep for the robbery. He should probably not do that.

bfg3rd

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2005

Definitely not his best course of action.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Forgetting the athlete aspect for a second, does anybody know the University's rules regarding students who have been charged with a felony?

I realize nobody's actually been charged yet, but unless the police have this all wrong, you'd have to think it's coming for one or more of the guys arrested.

If / when that happens, I know I wouldn't want my child sharing a classroom or dorm with a guy awaiting trial on any felony, but particularly one involving actual or threatened physical force / intimidation. So I'm wondering what University policy is.

Last edited:

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010

Is Blinn Community College their next stop? Is this the pathway to the Barn (i.e. Cam)?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

It's hard to figure out exactly what was going on here, since they like to arrest everyone present and sort out the rest later.

The "good" news is that none of these guys are integral contributors (and obviously could have some maturity issues), but the bad news is that they were all elite prospects and with the exception of Eddie Williams (who was a 5 star) all were likely to be second on the depth chart. From a football standpoint, that is quality depth and it's not likely that these are the types of players that Saban would have wanted to replace. Having said that, if they are all guilty, you're better off without them around.

Mostly, it's just sad for these kids. They are potentially throwing so much away, over what? Calloway seems the most likely to get off light, but this is a second offense, so I'm not sure you can keep him around. Eddie Williams seems like he is gone no matter what, since he is apparently facing multiple charges. I kind of hope for the sake of everyone else that he was the ringleader, but it's kind of hard to imagine any of these guys staying on campus after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.