Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

What you say is correct. However...I want to hear what he has to say about this. It is obvious that he did use a card that did not belong to him. Are there instances where any number of players are 'given' cards by students just because they want to be friends, or associated with said player/s? Can anyone say this doesn't happen? Suppose BC was told by his 'buddies' that the card was given to them so it was ok to use? Now, it is a given that he was not involved in the assaults, so he can't be held accountable for that, so if he 'didn't know' (see Cam Newton) the card was illegally procured, maybe he can't be held accountable for this infraction. I don't know, no one here knows until all of the facts come out. I just don't want to condemn the kid before we know the facts, and there is some room for doubt. Just saying.
Roll Tide!
according to the police report's we've seen posted, Calloway told the cops he knew it was stolen. That defense (pun intended) went out the window

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Unfortunately, if that be the case, adios.

Roll Tide!
kind of my feeling as well. Anyone that would use a stolen card so callously (his twitter made it seem as if he thought it to be no big deal as did his police statement) is someone that just doesn't get it and I don't want on my team

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I don't like how Calloway is still getting to hang around, he should be gone as well. I honestly don't know how I'll feel if he is aloud to stay and is on the sideline this year, I wish they'd just dismiss him already.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I don't like how Calloway is still getting to hang around, he should be gone as well. I honestly don't know how I'll feel if he is aloud to stay and is on the sideline this year, I wish they'd just dismiss him already.
Committed to us
Changed to Auburn
Changed back to us
Busted for Marijuana possession
now this....

I agree with you

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

These numbskulls made Recruiting a little more difficult also. We try to have an atmosphere where parents won't have qualms about sending their children to Alabama.
I don't see this as kids playing the inner city thug game of Knock Out. I see this as robbers pounding their prey.
I can't let Calloway off... he's already had his second chance. I see him as admitting to theft of property by credit card fraud. When you add in Calloway's previous brush with the law, it paints a picture of a young man who doesn't follow the law. He may merit an additional chance, but not at Alabama.
It's entirely likely that none of these four will be allowed to play for a D1 University, and most small collages would be wise to pass on bringing any of them to their campus. I think it's over for all of these guys... any who don't go to jail are likely thru as football players.
They didn't even bother to take the wallet of one of the victims...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Charles Barkley "Heres Your Sign" or You Cant Fix Stupid

For years I have changed the channel when Barkley is on the tube.

I guess he forgot getting pulled over in Phoenix Az. when he was receiving oral favors from a prostitute. He was arrested for the incident.

I can go on with the list but I am sure there are more stories many of you can add.

This is a link to a article by scab @ the News. I think if you read you will see what a sick person he is.

Glad to know its one more University of Aubarn fan who really hates us winning again.

This is pure classless and he thinks its comedy.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/scarbinsky_those_alabama_muggi.html

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Why is Calloway still allowed on campus? IMO, he needs to be gone as well. I don't like the appearance this action may give others.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Unfortunately, if that be the case, adios.

Roll Tide!
I posted this about 20 pages back.

Look at this picture of an ACT card on UA's website. It's very difficult to distinguish one card from another. :wink:

The "I didn't know" defense doesn't work with ACT cards because it's like saying you "didn't know" that driver's license wasn't yours. The picture on the front should be enough information to tell, much less the name.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

They didn't even bother to take the wallet of one of the victims...
I seem to have this morbid curiosity to know exactly what happened, but with every new detail it gets even more ugly.

I'm trying to get my mind around the idea of beating someone senseless, and then wanting to go do it again.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Charles Barkley "Heres Your Sign" or You Cant Fix Stupid

if reading (or hearing/watching) stuff like this about Alabama bothers folks so much, why do they keep paying attention to it?

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

There is no way Calloway should be allowed on campus. If I was a student or the parent of a student I would be outraged if he is allowed to come on university property. The other players should not be granted youthful offender status due to the violent nature of the attacks.

Last edited:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I posted this about 20 pages back.

The "I didn't know" defense doesn't work with ACT cards because it's like saying you "didn't know" that driver's license wasn't yours. The picture on the front should be enough information to tell, much less the name.
I won't argue that, that's obvious. My question was as to whether students have been known to give those type of cards to athletes in order to curry friendship or favors from them. Can this happen? Does this happen? If so, would it not be conceivable that this could have happened? Once again, if he knew it was stolen...ADIOS!
Roll tide!

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Re: Charles Barkley "Heres Your Sign" or You Cant Fix Stupid

Is anyone really surprised this happened?

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

I'm not the only one to use my credit cards so I'm gonna say it's a fairly common thing among students in general.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

All of you people saying BC should be kicked off campus need to just chill and let due process take its course.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Certainly hope that Calloway is gone. If he ever got extended playing time, I would suffocate. Held my breath every time I saw him in a game. He was a 15 yard personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct penalty looking for a place to happen every time he was on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.