Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Before we throw any / all of these guys under the bus, let's wait to see what unfolds. It doesn't look good for them - the police don't routinely arrest 'high profile' people on charges that aren't solid - but the police aren't infallible. I suspect one or more will no longer be with the football program when all is said and done, but until we know more we need to be patient and not rush to judgement....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Forgetting the athlete aspect for a second, does anybody know the University's rules regarding students who have been charged with a felony?

I realize nobody's actually been charged yet, but unless the police have this all wrong, you'd have to think it's coming for one or more of the guys arrested.

If / when that happens, I know I wouldn't want my child sharing a classroom or dorm with a guy awaiting trial on any felony, but particularly one involving actual or threatened physical force / intimidation. So I'm wondering what University policy is.
They have been charged with felonies. They've not been convicted, but they were charged when they were arrested.

kilgourtroutt

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2011
Birmingham
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I have tried a few cases in Tuscaloosa.

For a first offence (if these are indeed first offences) and in consideration of the fact that they are all likely under the age of 21, none will likely see prison. They will end up with some type of youthful offender, probation or other deferred adjudication.

That being said, if they do have any priors, they could be looking at some time.

I doubt that there was any type of weapon used because if there was, they would have charged them with Robbery 1st and not robbery 2nd.

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Arrested UA players struck students, stole belongings and fled, per police report and @TNews_Steph ... http://tmi.me/Kexfo

If this is true then I believe they are done without question.
Alabama is under a lot of scrutiny at this point...people are waiting to see what the outcome will be. I believe he should remove the players that have been charged (guilty by association) and let the system run its course.

Eddie Williams on the other hand needs to be dismissed....if he doesn't care about his future then why should anyone else!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I have tried a few cases in Tuscaloosa.

For a first offence (if these are indeed first offences) and in consideration of the fact that they are all likely under the age of 21, none will likely see prison. They will end up with some type of youthful offender, probation or other deferred adjudication.

That being said, if they do have any priors, they could be looking at some time.

I doubt that there was any type of weapon used because if there was, they would have charged them with Robbery 1st and not robbery 2nd.
Calloway was arrested for possession in December of 2011. Eddie Williams was arrested for an unlicensed pistol on Sunday. No known arrests for the other two.

I didn't think there were any weapons used, and the Tuscaloosa News article indicates there weren't. I was just posting the punishment in that case.
And Miss Tuscaloosa, Stormie Henderson, was in the slammer at the same time:

LINK
Never understood why people smile in a mugshot.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

This thread has the potential of becoming a whole lot of

Last edited:

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012

How sad for all involved.

IF they did what they are accused of, what golden opportunities they are wasting!

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

The more details I learn, the more I shake my head.

Lady I used to go to church with had this saying: "Only what's in a man can come out."

Along those lines, besides those that harm children & the elderly, nothing disgusts me more than a liar & a thief. You can't just go around strong arming people man. You just can't. They have places for people like that to live amongst themselves. It's called jail. It's still early but.....

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Cecil Hurt ‏@CecilHurt Arrested UA players struck students, stole belongings and fled, per police report and @TNews_Steph ... http://tmi.me/Kexfo

If this is true then I believe they are done without question.
If true -- and I can't imagine Cecil putting it out publicly unless he was 110% certain -- the "players" he references won't be in Tuscaloosa by Friday, unless of course they're sitting in jail. And that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States

I hate to say to "make an example out of them" but if Saban is "talking the talk", he will have to "walk the walk". Consequences for your actions MUST be followed through on, as much as I hate it (whatever that may be depending on what comes out in the wash.) That said, as a parent my heart breaks for these young men being in danger of throwing away wonderful opportunities and bright futures. I also said the same thing about the four Auburn players arrested for armed robbery and the Honey Badger. Kids making poor decisions that affects the rest of their lives and the lives of their families. Sad.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

@TNews_Steph Players admitted to using credit card stolen in the robbery to buy snacks from vending machine at Bryant Hall

If true and they have admitted evolvement, that should allow Saban to dismiss them ASAP.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

@TNews_Steph Players admitted to using credit card stolen in the robbery to buy snacks from vending machine at Bryant Hall

If true and they have admitted evolvement, that should allow Saban to dismiss them ASAP.
If I'm going to use a stolen credit card, I'm going to buy more than just snacks out of a vending machine.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham

If I'm going to use a stolen credit card, I'm going to buy more than just snacks out of a vending machine.
If I had to guess they probably stole the student's ACT card. Among other things, you can use it a type of debit card around campus and a few select stores off.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Based on the last few posts, it sounds like they're acting like school yard bullies, only they're about to find out that the rules are different now that they're adults out in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.