69 Unanswered Points in BCS Championship Games-Greatest Bama Statistic Ever?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I was watching the highlight video which was awesome. I saw the graphic at 35-0 against ND where we had scored 69 unanswered points in BCS Championship Games.

I think that one statistic is probably the most dominant statistic in the history of football at any level.

I personally don't think any other team(unless it's us) will ever come within five or six touchdowns of breaking that record.

It's like the eternal statistic of greatness and will probably remain intact two or three hundred years from now.

When you think about it, it's almost downright unbelievable, but we all saw it happen. We're mighty lucky to have witnessed it.

You guys and gals think anybody will ever come close?

RTR!

sip

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
At halftime I told an LSU fan I know that Notre Dame is making LSU's championship performance last year look like a gutsy effort.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
Incredible statistic Sip. Thanks. I'd also like to point out that Saban has coached in 3 BCS National Championship games for Bama, and all 3 were over by halftime. I'm amazed by what our coach has done.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was watching the highlight video which was awesome. I saw the graphic at 35-0 against ND where we had scored 69 unanswered points in BCS Championship Games.

I think that one statistic is probably the most dominant statistic in the history of football at any level.

I personally don't think any other team(unless it's us) will ever come within five or six touchdowns of breaking that record.

It's like the eternal statistic of greatness and will probably remain intact two or three hundred years from now.

When you think about it, it's almost downright unbelievable, but we all saw it happen. We're mighty lucky to have witnessed it.

You guys and gals think anybody will ever come close?

RTR!

sip
I don't know if anyone will come close, but I sure wish that we had shut N. D. OUT! I know Nico wanted the same thing.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Actually, a just as impressive streak was how long our opponents went in the championship games without scoring.

Texas' last score was 6:15 left in the game. LSU didn't score. Then Notre Dame finally scored with 4:08 left in the 3rd quarter. That is 6:15 + 60 + 41:52.

That's 108:07 total. Or 1 hour 48 minutes and 7 seconds. :biga2:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Actually, a just as impressive streak was how long our opponents went in the championship games without scoring.

Texas' last score was 6:15 left in the game. LSU didn't score. Then Notre Dame finally scored with 4:08 left in the 3rd quarter. That is 6:15 + 60 + 41:52.

That's 108:07 total. Or 1 hour 48 minutes and 7 seconds. :biga2:
or basically 10 quarters or two and a half games. Amazing.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Not to throw water on the parade, but teams have gone entire seasons without being scored upon. No doubt that the state of the game has changed tremendously since this was last accomplished, and the feat Bama has accomplished may be the biggest stat since the advent of the forward pass.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Alabma has a Great Defense, that's like a law or something but it has been a while since we have seen the kind of fire power on offense like the last2 years.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Not to throw water on the parade, but teams have gone entire seasons without being scored upon. No doubt that the state of the game has changed tremendously since this was last accomplished, and the feat Bama has accomplished may be the biggest stat since the advent of the forward pass.
In three National Championship Games to score 69 unanswered points is a more impressive stat to me. After all you're playing the number one or two ranked team in the nation not the weak sisters of the poor.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
But in the BCSCG we were going up against the best competition in the land.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.