Lacy won't compete in combine drills

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Dang. I wanted to see what his 40 time would be. Think it would have surprised some people.
well, i was going to suggest that he just send in a highlights video from the BCSNCG, but then realized that NFL scouts probably aren't that impressed by gaudy stats from a scrimmage :biggrin:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
He will almost certainly work out for the Alabama Pro day. There is no reason for him to work out unless it is under optimal conditions for him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Very little chance an injury prone RB is a first rounder.
I tend to agree. Lacy had just about overcome the notion that he was "injury prone" by playing so well down the stretch last year. He had some minor injuries last season, but he was at his best when Alabama needed him. He got stronger as the season progressed. His injury problems seemed to be well behind him.

Sadly, even if Lacy has a great day at Alabama's workout his injury history will once again be a primary topic, not just a sidebar question.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I tend to agree. Lacy had just about overcome the notion that he was "injury prone" by playing so well down the stretch last year. He had some minor injuries last season, but he was at his best when Alabama needed him. He got stronger as the season progressed. His injury problems seemed to be well behind him.

Sadly, even if Lacy has a great day at Alabama's workout his injury history will once again be a primary topic, not just a sidebar question.
I hate to have to agree, but I do. At some point, the discussion has to be over connective tissue issues. HS coaches I know told me that Cadillac Williams had health issues which required him to take corticoid steroids regularly. That does bad things to connective tissues and bones, among other side effects. IIRC, Williams and Brown both went in the top five in the NFL draft in 2005. While I wouldn't label his NFL career a complete bust, he spent a fair portion of in on the IR list. I think his case, along with some others, has made NFL GMs look long and hard at injury histories in positions of high wear and tear like RB. This injury didn't help EL's case at all...

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Up until this hammy deal, I thought his only major injury was a turf toe. Granted that's a pain to deal with but it's not an ACL tear. Is there any other injury on his resume?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Up until this hammy deal, I thought his only major injury was a turf toe. Granted that's a pain to deal with but it's not an ACL tear. Is there any other injury on his resume?
Yes, both ankles and I think there're more. That's just first to come to mind. The hamstring may have been a problem also. Hamstrings tend to linger. I've had that injury (among many others). :D

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Provided he gets healthy by pro day and runs a good 40, I think he's a first round pick.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.