Manziel Taking All On-Line Classes-Fishy?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If he has to be at the computer doing the work at a certain time, he is attending class.
Yep. There are different types of online classes. I've had ones where the teacher posts the assignments and has a due date. My girlfriend had three semesters worth of them that required her to be on the computer at 8 a.m. and respond to the teacher like she is in class.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
So he'll only practice one day a month? Ah, the TAMU game just got a lot easier!!! :biggrin:
Is that part of Sumlin's Process? Does he just work out on his own?

Will he even be on campus for a Spring game? Will he workout "ONLINE"?

Don't they have a strength and conditioning program at A & M?

I guess I could think of other questions, but this is a start.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If our guys haven't checked into this at Bama, I guess they will now. If the Heisman Man can do it I guess anyone should be able to.

Maybe they could play in the "A" Day game ONLINE. Hopefully, there will be no head injuries.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Just to throw out a little about online classes. There are many schools with a very large online class taking population. It brings in lots of money to the school and the schools don't have to build the physical infrastructure to house the students courses. There are many schools that use software for the online tests that require the student to have a webcam that they will have activated when the test is being taken. The test is administered through a web browser that will not let there be any other apps running at the time. The student is recorded as they take the test. At the host site, where the video files are dumped, a flag is placed on the video if there is any excessive movement, i.e. a door opening, student turning around, moving to open a book, etc. The instructor then can go to the video file and see what the excessive movement is. The idea is there to try and prevent cheating. I know that every time a better mousetrap is made, the mice get bigger and smarter. I would question a student being able to take ALL of their courses online though. It would seem a bit over the top for a student to be able to take an entire courseload online. There's too much that goes into setting up a course to be taught online.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Just to throw out a little about online classes. There are many schools with a very large online class taking population. It brings in lots of money to the school and the schools don't have to build the physical infrastructure to house the students courses. There are many schools that use software for the online tests that require the student to have a webcam that they will have activated when the test is being taken. The test is administered through a web browser that will not let there be any other apps running at the time. The student is recorded as they take the test. At the host site, where the video files are dumped, a flag is placed on the video if there is any excessive movement, i.e. a door opening, student turning around, moving to open a book, etc. The instructor then can go to the video file and see what the excessive movement is. The idea is there to try and prevent cheating. I know that every time a better mousetrap is made, the mice get bigger and smarter. I would question a student being able to take ALL of their courses online though. It would seem a bit over the top for a student to be able to take an entire courseload online. There's too much that goes into setting up a course to be taught online.

I guess with this, you could still have a Cheat Sheet.

UnNFormedFan

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
Mobile
All this "celebrity" talk that has him taking these online courses, I say let him keep listening to it. Let him continue thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread. Pump him up, lets see how he handles himself. Fame DOES change people and this will actually show just how mature he is. He will find out that he caught us beat up and let down after a come back victory at LSWho. Things will be much different this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I shouldn't be surprised by some of the ridiculous posts in this thread, but I still am. Some of you never cease to amaze me.

texasaggie84

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2012
Danville, CA

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Is that so? I found out a particular player was in one of my management classes back in '93 or '94 the day of the final.
If I'm not mistaken Coach Saban has a very strict policy about class attendance, and I mean players walking their butts into a class room and sitting down at a desk beside other students. lol.. If they don't choose to do so he'll suspend them in a heartbeat. I like this approach.
There may not be anything actually "wrong" with what Manziel is doing. My son is getting his masters on-line and it's very convenient for him as a newlywed.
So I know I'm using a double standard here but I just think football players should go to class. Furthermore, if one can take on-line classes then I think they all should be able to.
I know. I'm sounding like my grand father lol
sip

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I have no problem with the online classes. I think it's going to become a trend especially for athletes because work can get done on their schedule (e.g. If I'm CNS and I know I have kids having issues going to class, they're doing online classes during their study hall session with someone looking over their shoulder with a pitcher of cold water ready to go). As long as the classes aren't a sham, then I have no problem with JM doing it.

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013
Count me as one who thinks online coursing should be limited, and for special needs.

Part of the college experience is having the discipline to get up and GO to a class, and the interaction with others and teachers in that setting. You learn social skills for the real world - kids nowadays need more of that, and less internet "Social Media" imo.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
University of Phoenix and its academic reputation has been a great addition to the SEC.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Frankly, i don't see the issue with on-line classes. Students generally still have to attend lectures online and are participating in class. They require as much discipline and maybe even more than going to class in person. They are a cost savings for the university, as they take up less space, require less infrastrucutre costs, and reduce utlities expenses. Frankly, that will be the next real focus in the corporate world as well. I figure that in the next decade, we will see companies develop more and more software to monitor telework. With smartphones, tablets, etc.; companies will look to eliminate buiuldings and utlities costs, which are expensive fixed costs. Why not pass the cost onto the employer by providing them with the hardware but then having them work from home The employee in turn takes a tax deduction as a required business expense and elimiantes that cost as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.