Where do Bama's boys go in draft?....prediction thread

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Ok...it's time to get specific. Where do you see our boys going? Let's not just talk round or overall, but what drives your prediction?

B. Jones Round 2, pick 60 to Atlanta: We would love to seem him go earlier but most mocks have him going 2nd or 3rd round. His versatility and intellect get him in round 2.

Fluker Round 1, pick 20 to Chicago: Seems to be surging in recent days, especially since dropping 19 pounds to a svelte 339 ;)

Warmack Round 1, pick 10 to Titans: This guy is simply too good to pass up.

Lacy Round 1, pick 26 to Green Bay: Many mocks have him going in round two but if there is a RB taken in round one, it's our boy!

Millner... Round 1, pick 4 to Eagles: They need help bad and a shut down corner is the place to start.

J.Williams Round 3, pick 75 to Saints: I see him sliding a bit because of his projection as a NG as opposed to playing either NG and DT.

Lester Round 3, pick 83 to Minnesota: I have no idea where he might go...thought this is as good of a place as any

What about Nico, Square, or Dial?

What do you think?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Beyond picking a round, anything past the first 3-5 picks is a crapshoot. For that matter, picking a round is a crapshoot after the first 3 or 4.

Warmack goes early first round. Milliner and probably Fluker go first round as well.
Lacy and Jesse Williams go second round.
B. Jones could go second, but probably third.

Lester, M. Williams, and Nico will go anywhere from the third to fifth rounds, depending on how their combines go, how the teams grade players, and how Mars and Jupiter line up.

Dial and Square will probably go somewhere, but they are the kind of players that occasionally fool me by going undrafted and picking up FA contracts.

Shelley - undrafted, FA

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
If Jessie Williams somehow fell to the Falcons in any round, I would be stoked just to have someone....ANYONE!!!... who could help stop the run...

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think teams will be bargain hunting on Jones. They know he can play in the NFL but because he plays the violin and spells real good they will hope he falls to round 3 or 4. I know the guy "looks" nice but we are talking about a guy who shoved his own quarterback in a game. Got to be some fire there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think teams will be bargain hunting on Jones. They know he can play in the NFL but because he plays the violin and spells real good they will hope he falls to round 3 or 4. I know the guy "looks" nice but we are talking about a guy who shoved his own quarterback in a game. Got to be some fire there.
Barrett isn't seen as a first rounder because he doesn't really have a defined position (ala Upshaw last year). If a team wants Barrett as a center, he really won't be a first rounder because that's not a first round position.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
Barrett isn't seen as a first rounder because he doesn't really have a defined position (ala Upshaw last year). If a team wants Barrett as a center, he really won't be a first rounder because that's not a first round position.
I think he goes 2nd maybe 3rd round. Fluker and Warmack are definately gone before him although Barrett has experience at all 3 line positions which will probably help him more than hurt him. I think his natural position is really LT though.

Being a Saints fan, we need Jesse Williams bad.

HomeBrew Tider

1st Team
Aug 7, 2009
Atlanta, GA
No chance Jesse Williams makes it to round 3. Falcons grab him at pick 30 if he's available. He probably wont be.

I also love the Falcons with Barrett Jones in round 2, but linebacker or tight end may be a bigger need at that stage.

I had previously thought Lacy would go round 1, but this year's free agent running back pool is deep and his injury record is not good.

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
I can see the 49rs going for Lacy, that is, if he's still on the board that late. Gore is getting a bit long in the tooth. They still have James, Kendall Hunter and Dixon and could use another big bruising (and nifty) RB like EL. Wouldn't be a surprise if Green Bay took him first though.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I saw one list that had Milliner, Lacy, and Warmack rated as the best at their position. A good site to look at is Walterfootball.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
If we didn't have to use our linebackers to help stop the run b/c our Dline can't do it, it would really help in covering TEs

cuddlemonkey

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2011
Mobile, AL
Albert Breer from NFL Network said that every scout he's talked to thus far has Barrett going in the 3rd at the earliest. If he's there when New Orleans picks in the third, I would like to take a long look at him.

As for the order the boys go...

Milliner and Warmack are top 5-10 picks.
Fluker goes early 2nd.
Lacy goes in the 2nd somewhere.
Barrett, Jesse, and Robert Lester go in the third.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've seen too many scouts say Fluker doesn't get out of the first to say he lasts to the second round.

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network thinks the Chiefs may take Warmack #1. He and Scott Pioli (former Chiefs GM) said Warmack is the best player.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I've seen too many scouts say Fluker doesn't get out of the first to say he lasts to the second round.

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network thinks the Chiefs may take Warmack #1. He and Scott Pioli (former Chiefs GM) said Warmack is the best player.
A lot of scouts think Warmack is best player but his position doesn't warrant a #1 pick in most teams eyes. Just going in the top 10 is impressive.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The one thing I've learned about the N.F.L. draft is that no one really has any idea whatsoever where anyone is truly going to go.

That being said, the only pretty major consensus I've seen is Milliner going to Detroit who needs a corner desperately.

Even that means little.

Warmack is definitely first round but I've seen him forecast anywhere from five to 20.

Fluker, I have no clue. I've seen him projected as high as 11th and as low as late second.

Jesse is also a mystery but if he goes to the combine and breaks the all-time bench press record I think someone in round one will take him. The Saints are switching to a 3-4 defense and will immediately need a nose tackle, so if Jesse's available I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them take him.

Through no fault of his own I think Eddie's draft status get's hurt by him not going through the combine drills. The NFL teams probably had one major concern about Eddie and that's his injury history. Now, he can't attend the combine because he has another injury. That won't help him.
I think if he could have attended the combine and run a 4.5-4.6 40 yard dash he would have been, with his size and moves, a lock first rounder.
Now he probably will fall to the second round and maybe even early third.

Jones is going to be the surprise in my opinion. I honestly think some team will draft him in round one because they'll know they're getting a player who can play anywhere on the O-Line. With roster limitations and depth issues that's a huge factor for an NFL team.

Nico will probably go three or four.

The others in the late rounds or free agency.

Regardless, they at least have the opportunity and NFL teams don't discriminate. If they give you a chance and you prove you can play they'll play you. It doesn't matter if you're first round or the last player picked.

Wish them all the best.

sip

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Jones is in a free fall right now because of injury worries. It's almost like the basketball players that stay in school. They make up some reason not to like them and go with "potential" instead.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
The NFL loves edge rushers, left tackles, shutdown corners, and QBs. The only one of those at Alabama this year is Milliner. I see him going very high.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think DM will go top 5. Chance is too good even at guard to last 15 picks. Also, Fluke is too much RT to survive the 1st RD with so many teams shopping for one. JEsse might sneak in but my guess is a team will wait and hope to pull an Upsaw like Balt. did last year. If he breaks the 225 reps record though he might not be there :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.