Early NFL Combine Results

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
His dad was joking on the reports that he would not run a 4.5. He said Dee has been running a 4.4 since 8th grade.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
His hands are terrible today. Needs lots of work on that before the Pro day or he could drop down the board. He has dropped 3-5 passes in drills and bobbled one of the two he caught.

he has also messed up two drills and had to start over. Almost like he is very nervous or pressing bad.
Dee or Manti?

Edit: I see that this was in regard to Dee.

Last edited:

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Here's the Wiki on the fastest times. I was a little surprised at the draft results. I would have thought more would have gone higher. Two were drafted #7; the rest lower...

LINK
Rumor has It that Bo Jackson ran a 4.21
Idk if they kept track of it back then or it was a different type of combine

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Bo's was hand timed but he ran a 4.12 at combine and then 4.18 a week later ag another event. So you can say he was fast. Who knows how much difference electronic timing would have made back then.

Johnnyb

1st Team
Jan 4, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Bo's was hand timed but he ran a 4.12 at combine and then 4.18 a week later ag another event. So you can say he was fast. Who knows how much difference electronic timing would have made back then.
They still do hand timing today (that's the unofficial times you see) and they're not always exact but normally within a tenth of a second of the electronic time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They still do hand timing today (that's the unofficial times you see) and they're not always exact but normally within a tenth of a second of the electronic time.
I think DM's official time came in at 4.37, so, still sub - 4.40. I think he's top 5, anyway...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I thought he was in the 5-10 range before the combine but Milliner made some money today. Pure straight line speed doesn't really transfer to a lot of positions on the field but it is usually most important for DBs who will have to make up space in a burst quite often. He's shown the elite speed, his Junior tape shows an uncanny ability to get between the receiver and the ball. He might go before Warmack now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.