***2015 Texas DB Deionte Thompson Commits to Alabama***

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: 2015 Texas DB Deionte Thompson Commits to Alabama

..my goodness. I was 15 years old between my sophomore and junior years. That's mighty young but hopefully he'll stick. We have a pretty good record of keeping our commits.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

While I don't get too worked up over kids who commit this early in the process historically super early committees have more often than not stuck with us. As for the player I like his aggressiveness toward the ball. I think we were too passive at corner this past year.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Welcome aboard Deionte! Why drag it out if you know where you want to play and go to school. Wonder if he will be able to recruit others from TX. Why not learn from the best DB head coach in the country. You and Marlon Humphrey will lock down the corners. QB's will shutter.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Wow. I was not expecting a 2015 commit. His measureables look good but have no idea how good he is.
I suspect Coach Saban knows just how good he is and how good he is projected to be. A very early commitment but hopefully some might forget about him and he's sign in 2015.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Hey Deionte and Roll Tide. You've made a very smart decision.

Oh and ChattBrit. How about a picture of your puppy with a "happy" face? :biggrin2:

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

I'm still trying to find some video of Thompson. He has to be a great player for CNS to accept a commitment this early. I've read he is expected to be one of the top couple of players in Texas for the 2015 recruiting cycle.

That said, where are the 2014 commitments? I would assume that we would have to have some silents by now given how attractive the program is right now.
Well, I've heard that the NZAA is limiting us to 5 recruits for 2014, to give other teams a chance to catch up!;)

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

Well, I've heard that the NZAA is limiting us to 5 recruits for 2014, to give other teams a chance to catch up!;)
Another Saban rule? .. wouldnt surprise me. There is handicapping in golf.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

HaHa saw Deionte at Earl Thomas' camp this weekend and was impressed. Link

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Deionte signed a financial agreement with Alabama. Link

The financial aid agreement will allow Alabama to have unlimited contact with Thompson going forward. The aid agreement binds Alabama to Thompson, but he is still free to enroll at a different school. He is expected to graduate high school early and enroll at Alabama in January. The aid agreement also allows Alabama to publicize its relationship with Thompson.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.