Rickey Jefferson (LSU signee) arrested.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I spent last week in Red Stick and saw in the local newspaper that Jordan Jefferson's little brother was arrested at a Mardi Gras parade.
I hope for the sake of the Tigers that this young man gets his issues straightened out. He seems talented, but off the field issues did not help his older brother.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Law enforcement officials told Fox 8 that Jefferson became involved in the arrest of another teenager along a Mardi Gras parade route, joining a third teenager in "punching" a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office deputy "a number of times" in an effort to "block the detective" from completing the arrest.
Good luck with that. Police and judges kinda frown on punching officers. :rolleyes:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Good luck with that. Police and judges kinda frown on punching officers. :rolleyes:
Yeah. They do frown on that.
Some young men in Steubenville OH (see the thread over on Nonsports) just found out that, in some cases, your 40 yard dash time and bench press numbers will not allow you to get anyway with every violation of the law. Sometimes the law takes a ten-pound sledgehammer to your gonads.
I really hope this young man gets it figured out.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Even if Jefferson somehow manages to get out of this, he will be a marked man as far as Law enforcement is concerned... First hand knowledge sez you don't forget perps who punch officers.
His name is now in most officers notebooks. Not a good thing.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Genetics?
Exactly..Sounds like "family Issues"(or upbringing)..And is the exact reason Coach Saban says he likes to spend as much time possible with recruits, doing interviews with friends, mentors, of each recruit before extending offers to them..The NCAA handcuffs him(and all D1 HC's) every way possible from doing this..But..He gets the blame when they get arrested once they get onto campus..I hate the NCAA..

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Exactly..Sounds like "family Issues"(or upbringing)..And is the exact reason Coach Saban says he likes to spend as much time possible with recruits, doing interviews with friends, mentors, of each recruit before extending offers to them..The NCAA handcuffs him(and all D1 HC's) every way possible from doing this..But..He gets the blame when they get arrested once they get onto campus..I hate the NCAA..
I think that Coach Saban is wise to follow this course of action.
You don't buy a car without test driving it. It is wise to find out about the whole picture of a recruit before offering a scholarship and having the young man's conduct reflect poorly on himself, the football program and the University. That frequently means talking to coaches, family, friends, anybody close to the recruit.

I told my children that if a police officer tells you to do something that is not illegal, immoral or unsafe, the only correct answer is "Yes, sir," followed by immediate compliance. If the officer is wrong, you can take it up with his supervisor the next day.

I just hate waste and I hope this young man figures out just what he has been offered and what he may be giving up if he continues along this path. He could end up as another cautionary tale for others.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Has anyone mentioned culture, yet?
It is exactly that! When fans, yes the justice system allows these kids to get away with their actions (the bar parking lot fight of hi brother) then no one respects the authorities.

The LSU culture is a lot like the Barn when it comes to protecting players & it will keep getting worst.

And don't tell me about our 4guys, CNS did what was right at the right time, this it totally different, it's a trend not an incident.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I heard that multiple witnesses saw someone else holding his arm and forcing him to punch the officer, so he'll play.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I think that Coach Saban is wise to follow this course of action.
You don't buy a car without test driving it. It is wise to find out about the whole picture of a recruit before offering a scholarship and having the young man's conduct reflect poorly on himself, the football program and the University. That frequently means talking to coaches, family, friends, anybody close to the recruit.

I told my children that if a police officer tells you to do something that is not illegal, immoral or unsafe, the only correct answer is "Yes, sir," followed by immediate compliance. If the officer is wrong, you can take it up with his supervisor the next day.

I just hate waste and I hope this young man figures out just what he has been offered and what he may be giving up if he continues along this path. He could end up as another cautionary tale for others.
I have been in Law enforcement for 20 years now and that is exactly right. Wish there were more parents like that.

Alan22

Oct 6, 2012
Cocodrie, LA
Ahh good ole LSU. They sure do know how to find'em, don't they? :rolleye2:

Eistein once said, "the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome..."

:biggrin2:

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
Hypocrisy Alert!!!!

I wonder if the outrage shown about the teabagger will show up in this case. They may paint/spin fighting with law enforcement as a minor thing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.