Link: Former Auburn Players Talk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
My mother, who has two Auburn graduate siblings, noticed something in Chizik's statement:

"During my time as Auburn’s head coach, I never authorized, instructed or directed anyone to change any player’s grade or provide any type of illegal payment to any student-athlete," Chizik said. "Likewise, I am not aware of any alleged grade change or illegal payment by any member of my coaching staff, support staff or anyone else."
And let's think about what former Auburn assistant is still looking for a job.

The barn will skate again but there is no doubt they are telling the truth about the grade changes prior to the championship game. There was way way too much information about that leading up to the game and it's never stopped coming. If you think about it, why wouldn't they do that. It was their once in a lifetime shot and a bunch of starters flunk out. Do you do the right thing and lose or go ahead and roll the dice, change the grades, and hope for the best. They probably figured they might as well because any other action would lead to them losing the game.

The NCAA is pretty much dead in the water right now so you can forget them enforcing anything at Auburn, let us slip a stick of chewing gum to a recruit though and their entire staff would relocate to Alabama.
Chewing gum? Try a breath of fresh air!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

Again, I can't tell you when everything was signed, sealed and delivered, but I plainly recall the roll-out of state bills that got signed into laws in 2010. Each state may have had a different way in which they enforced it, but I started seeing a huge drop in spice-related psychosis by the end of 2010 due to kids having a harder time getting it because surrounding states having it pulled from the shelves.
It was legal at the time. The media in Alabama made a huge deal about it during the first trial because it was legal at the time but later became illegal for the consequences.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
It was legal at the time. The media in Alabama made a huge deal about it during the first trial because it was legal at the time but later became illegal for the consequences.
Yeah, there was definitely a "roll out" of time in each state regarding when it was made illegal and when they actually started enforcing stores pulling it from the shelves. Same thing went for various schools and when they started testing for it, changing their substance abuse policies, etc.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Lots of smoke (HAR!) for there to be no fire (again). But once again, nothing will come of this.

But eventually, these things WILL catch up with the barn - you can't play with fire this much and not get burned...

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
It is interesting that these articles are coinciding with the upcoming trials and seem to be building to a point. The texts that Moseley and his father wrote but cut off for a phone conversation at the end of that last updated article leave some questions.
Like most here, I don't expect anything to come of these allegations but am enjoying the show.
Sooner or later Mosley and his dad had to work back into this story. Whether or not it amounts to anything we'll have to wait and see. At least it looks like more than just SR are looking in on the aubs. As usual nothing probably sticks to them but they may be taking a bigger hit in the court of public opinion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
My mother, who has two Auburn graduate siblings, noticed something in Chizik's statement:

And let's think about what former Auburn assistant is still looking for a job.
Let's see. As I figure it no grades had to be changed; only the delay in challenging and finalizing them until after the BCS game. After that whatever the final grade was didn't matter for scam, Fairley, and the others leaving. I guess there's no way to find out their fall semester grades or standing on leaving school in January (privacy) but inquiring minds would like to know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Talk radio today:

Barners: This isn't true but why does this keep happening???

Bama fans: It's true but nothing will happen

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Hey guy's they have allready paid for the crap. They sux ! they went 3-9 last year , got blown out by bama, and watched us win #15 and they still sux

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, there was definitely a "roll out" of time in each state regarding when it was made illegal and when they actually started enforcing stores pulling it from the shelves. Same thing went for various schools and when they started testing for it, changing their substance abuse policies, etc.
Let me point out that there is a big difference between being criminally illegal and a prohibited substance by the NCAA. There are perfectly legal supplements which, if you test positive for, can earn you a one year ban from play by the NCAA...

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
I'm not going to do Clay Travis the credit of posting a link to one of his columns here but if you make exceptions go read his latest about Auburn. He hammers them and some of it had me laughing pretty hard. He destroys the Auburn media for doing nothing but pump sunshine and has some funny comments about Chizik. This is the extremely rare time that I enjoyed something he has written.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Even if it is true, they are going to sit on their thumbs.

Just keep telling yourself "It is only a newspaper story.............it is only a newspaper story............it is only................."

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.