Girls Softball

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Failure to get a hit with runners in scoring position hurt Bama again tonight. I just don't see this team getting out of the super regional unless they start getting some timely hits. Suspicions were confirmed about Jackie's arm. She did pitch well tonight. RTR

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Had bases loaded with one out in the 3rd and could not score. Left runners on 2nd and 3rd later. Gonna be tough to get out of Knoxville. Selection committee made sure SEC would be paired down in the Super Regionals. (Bama-Tenn., A&M -Oklahoma, Kentucky at Arizona St.) Somebody is tired of the SEC in general in my opinion.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
Frustrating to watch last night. As stated earlier, the timely big hits aren't there and Jackie is a warrior (as shown tonight) but is in obvious pain. I hope we go with another pitcher today. We DID lose TONS of talent from last year's team so if we are eliminated today I can live with it. We need a second ace like Oklahoma, FLA, and UT have. In year's past riding Kelsi Dunne or the J Train all the way worked, but I'm not sure that's a great plan for 2014.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I DVR'd this last night while out and watched it late last night and wished I didn't.

Watching UAB blow their game against Florida right now. Not sure I've ever seen so many batters hit, two WITH the bases loaded! Had a 3-2 lead in the BTM of the 7th and walked the first two, then hit the next two to let Florida tie it......SMH

And now UF just wins as I type. What a choke job UAB!

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
6-24 with runners in scoring position just won't get you far. Thank you seniors Kayla Braud, Courtney Conley, Kema Davis, Jackie Branham & Lauren Sewell. RTR

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I knew it would be tough to get out of Knoxville. Had every chance to win both games- again, the timely hits with runners in scoring position just alluded them. Blown opportunity in the 5th w/their 3rd string pitcher. Figured it was over at that time. Jackie Traina's arm fatigue is beyond evident. She was striking out 10 per game last year and those numbers were down to 3-4 this year. She needs some rest before her Senior year.

Still find it completely ridiculous that Bama and Tenn. had to play in the Super Regional. And the winner faces Florida (most likely) in the first round of the CWS. Again- someone does not want another SEC title. (Oklahoma is by far the best team- they will walk off with the title easily this year.

Thanks to the Seniors- especially Kayla Brand. What a great represenative of the University.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I knew it would be tough to get out of Knoxville. Had every chance to win both games- again, the timely hits with runners in scoring position just alluded them. Blown opportunity in the 5th w/their 3rd string pitcher. Figured it was over at that time. Jackie Traina's arm fatigue is beyond evident. She was striking out 10 per game last year and those numbers were down to 3-4 this year. She needs some rest before her Senior year.

Still find it completely ridiculous that Bama and Tenn. had to play in the Super Regional. And the winner faces Florida (most likely) in the first round of the CWS. Again- someone does not want another SEC title. (Oklahoma is by far the best team- they will walk off with the title easily this year.

Thanks to the Seniors- especially Kayla Brand. What a great represenative of the University.
Fwiw, the SEC had 12 teams go to the regionals this year. That's more than any other conference, and it says a lot about the strength this year of the SEC as a whole.
While I understand your concern about playing against UT in the Super Regional, it really shouldn't make a difference. After all, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I think to get back to OKC we need to develop two "aces" on the staff like OU, UF, UT and others have- While we were able to ride the J Train last year to the title (and I'll always be grateful) I have to wonder if that plus her Team USA offseason has permanently hurt her development. We overworked Van Brakle and Dunne years ago and paid for it by giving up huge hits in huge games.

Coach Murphy is awesome- he's a Champion and has done something VERY few have done and has built UA into a top 10 program. But, the game is changing as the ladies get bigger and better every year and the SEC (just like in Baseball) suddenly has 8-10 high quality programs. We need to focus on DEPTH as well as building a pitching "staff" which seems to be the wave of the future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.