What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
From the peanut gallery.......

From what I read, this is autobiographical. When Seger was a teenager a lot of kids would meet-up on grass farm fields at night and have a good time dancing and probably some drinking. Most likely some pairing-off happened. The story actually took place when he was 19 and he was smitten by an Italian beauty one year older than him name Rene Andretti. The car was actually a 62 chevy but "60 chevy" fit the melody better. The song "from 1962" he was thinking of in the songs was "be my baby" by the Ronettes but was actually a 1963 release. A little creative license there. The line "I used her, she used me and neither one cared," is not exactly true either, - at least from one side. Seger evidently was head over heels in love with her but she had a boyfriend in the military overseas. When he got home the two got married leaving Seger heartbroken. He was inspired to write the song after watching the movie "American graffiti" and felt strongly he had a story from his youth to tell as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.