What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
A video with the original artist/song and also the lyrics. It reached #1 here in 1961.

“Ue O Muite Aruko” means “Let’s look up and walk” and is a song with lyrics about sadness and isolation. It is often stated that this song is to encourage people not to look back at the sad past of WW2 and its aftermath, but to be positive and have hope for the future. Ironically, the lyrics have been written by Rokusuke Ei, who was protesting against the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, and was frustrated when the protest movement failed.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
LOVE to see these vids...young people doing covers of the classics. Gives me hope. BTW..how beautiful is that Skylark Tennessee style guitar? Great sound.....nice going there, kid.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Just got back from a HD run. I like going there after 7pm because it's not crowded. Picked up a bunch of repair stuff for around the casa. On the way back this song came on the radio. Took me back to some really good times.....

Oh - and here's one of the comments from the comment section. Izzat you, Elefantman? :wink:

THIS TRACK IS CLASSIC AS A 1963 IMPALA.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
(Comment): Levels of a guitarist 1 - Beginner 2 - Advanced 3 - Professional 4 - Expert 5 - Legend 6 - God of the guitar 7 - David Gilmour

David Gilmour – electric guitar Chester Kamen – electric guitar Guy Pratt – bass guitar Greg Phillinganes – piano, keyboards Chuck Leavell – organ, keyboards Steve DiStanislao – drums, percussion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.