What music are you diggin'?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Never gets old, some of the finest lyrics The Boss ever wrote...

Timeless lyrics:
Men walkin' 'long the railroad tracks
Goin' someplace there's no goin' back
Highway patrol choppers comin' up over the ridge

Hot soup on a campfire under the bridge
Shelter line stretchin' 'round the corner
Welcome to the new world order
Families sleepin' in their cars in the Southwest
No home no job no peace no rest

The highway is alive tonight
But nobody's kiddin' nobody about where it goes
I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light
Searchin' for the ghost of Tom Joad

He pulls a prayer book out of his sleeping bag
Preacher lights up a butt and takes a drag
Waitin' for when the last shall be first and the first shall be last
In a cardboard box 'neath the underpass
Got a one-way ticket to the promised land
You got a hole in your belly and gun in your hand
Sleeping on a pillow of solid rock
Bathin' in the city aqueduct

The highway is alive tonight
Where it's headed everybody knows
Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry newborn baby cries
Where there's a fight 'gainst the blood and hatred in the air
Look for me Mom I'll be there
Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or decent job or a helpin' hand
Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."

Well the highway is alive tonight
But nobody's kiddin' nobody about where it goes
With the ghost of old Tom Joad

Reactions: Bazza

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not a direct music link, but for those who don't understand the genius of Jeff Porcaro (rest in peace), this is a great breakdown of his "Rosanna" shuffle from Toto Iv, widely considered to be a genius musical progression:

• Love
Reactions: Go Bama and Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Yeah CA.....the ghost of Tom Joad and those classic Toto songs are on just about all of my playlists.

Speaking of lyrics.......

Watch it! I was born in a cross-fire hurricane and I howled at my ma in the driving rain, but it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas! but it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a Gas! Gas! Gas! I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag, I was schooled with a strap right across my back, but it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas! but it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a Gas! Gas! Gas! I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead. I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled. I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread. yeah, yeah, yeah I was crowned with a spike right thru my head. but it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas! but it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a Gas! Gas! Gas! jumping Jack Flash, its a gas jumping Jack Flash, its a gas jumping Jack Flash, its a gas jumping Jack Flash, its a gas

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
saw these guys at the (new to me) location of the masquerade (purgatory) monday night. this is not my style of music, but it was a really fun show to see live. this is from an earlier date on this same tour. the show was them playing their debut album from 2005 (gravity x) in full

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
When is the last time you listened to a masterpiece?

There's a lady who's sure All that glitters is gold And she's buying a stairway to heaven When she gets there she knows If the stores are all closed With a word she can get what she came for

Reactions: TNElephantitis

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
When is the last time you listened to a masterpiece?

There's a lady who's sure All that glitters is gold And she's buying a stairway to heaven When she gets there she knows If the stores are all closed With a word she can get what she came for

Love me some ZeppeIin! I'm partial to "Baby I'm Gonna Leave You." Just as epic and as haunting as Stairway

Reactions: Go Bama and Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Love me some ZeppeIin! I'm partial to "Baby I'm Gonna Leave You." Just as epic and as haunting as Stairway
Yeah. That entire album.

Not sure how old you are but I was in Jr. High when that album came out. Then when we moved to Florida in '70 the high school was 12 miles away so my brother and I would car pool. He had a Chevy van and we'd rock out with this in 8 track. By then LZ II had come out too. Oh my.....what memories.....

Check out this performance though. Plant's vocals still strong. Bonzo's kid picking up where dad left off. Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.