What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
If you've ever been to a renaissance fair or festival, you've certainly heard Tom o'Bedlam (or alternately, Bedlam Boys). I was first introduced to the song via Steeleye Span and have had it in my mind for days. When I went to search YouTube for it this morning, though, I found this version with Jeana Leslie and Siobhan Miller. I like it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I've got my 80s Christmas jam rolling.

Band-aid - Feed the World
Please come for Christmas - Eagles
Christmas in Dixie - Alabama
A very special Christmas - Tom Petty
Have yourself a merry Christmas - The Pretenders
I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus - John Cougar Mellencamp
Same Old Land Syne - Dan Fogleberg
Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC
Baby Please Come for Christmas - U2
The Little Drummer Boy - Bob Seger
Peace on Earth - Bing Crosby/David Bowie
Do You Hear What I Hear - Whitney Houston
A Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
Father Christmas - The Kinks
Jingle Bell Rock - Hall & Oates
and of course, the Boss
Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Great memories from my childhood and puts me in the mood every year...that's when I knew it was Christmas, when 97.5 WABB in Mobile started playing these songs.

I know Burl and Brenda aren't 80s, but it's good mood music....I'll switch back to my normal head banging ways after Christmas.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
On December 8th 2013, I tried to reach a dear friend of mine - my first wife, in fact - whom I hadn't spoken with in a few years. Unfortunately, I found her obituary instead. I contacted a friend of hers via facebook, who confirmed that Heidi had been killed exactly one year earlier on December 8th, 2012 in a car accident in Phoenix, AZ. She was only 38.

Even though Heidi and I parted ways maritally, we remained close. When I think of Heidi, I always think of Mazzy Star, whom we listened to in a darkened black-lit room over weeks of falling for each other back in '93-'94. In fact, she looked a lot like Hope Sandoval at the time, and on more than one occasion was mistaken for her. I remember once in particular when we were out at the movies, the poor concession girl nearly wet herself because she thought she was selling popcorn to the lead singer of Mazzy Star. :)

So I've been listening to a lot of Mazzy over the last week.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Great story Pacaderma.....very sorry for your loss.

Remember the part of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" when the lady passed away in the old folks home where Benjamin grew up...the lady who always dressed up...and taught Benjamin how to play piano. At her funeral Benjamin said (in spoken narrative) she taught him when a close friend or loved one passed away.....you learned how much you loved that person. That was a 'purpose' for their death (I'm paraphrasing - it was spoken a little better).

==============

The Beatles wrote songs mostly about love.

They were onto something......

=============

Maureen Starkey - Ringo's first wife.........

........was a hairdresser from Liverpool, England. best known as the first wife of the Beatles' drummer, Ringo Starr. She met Starr at The Cavern Club, where The Beatles were playing, when she was a trainee hairdresser in Liverpool. Starr proposed marriage at the Ad-Lib Club in London, on 20 January 1965. They married at the Caxton Hall Register Office, London, in 1965, and divorced in 1975.

As a favour to Starr, Frank Sinatra recorded a special version of "The Lady Is a Tramp" for Maureen's 22nd birthday in 1968.

Maureen died at home of leukemia on 30 December 1994, after receiving treatment at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, Washington. Her four children, mother, then-husband and ex-husband Starr were at her bedside when she died.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That's beautiful, 92!

Here's some special music for the occasion.....

1. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Dean Martin
2. Mistletoe And Holly - Frank Sinatra
3. Christmas Time All Over The World - Sammy Davis, Jr.
4. The First Noel - Frank Sinatra
5. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Dean Martin
6. I Believe - Frank Sinatra
7. Silver Bells - Dean Martin
8. The Christmas Song - Sammy Davis, Jr.
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Frank Sinatra
10. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Dean Martin
11. The Christmas Waltz - Frank Sinatra
12. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Dean Martin
13. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra
14. Peace On Earth/Silent Night - Dean Martin
15. Jingle Bells - Sammy Davis, Jr.
16. White Christmas (Reprise) - Dean Martin
17. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear - Frank Sinatra
18. Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin
19. I'll Be Home for Christmas - Frank Sinatra
20. Marshmallow World - Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin
21. Auld Lang Syne - Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.