What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
IMO, the best drummer alive today, probably the best in my lifetime...

No argument here. Amazing drummer. It seems like everything is working independently.

I’ve studied with Michael Longo, a Jazz pianist in NYC. He was Dizzy Gillespie’s piano player. Dizzy’s gift was studying polyrhythms. Longo taught me how to learn to play straight quarters with my left hand and triplet quarters with my right. It’s basically a math equation and he would play it on a djembe. Of course Danny Carey has advanced this concept several levels beyond.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Yeah. That entire album.

Not sure how old you are but I was in Jr. High when that album came out. Then when we moved to Florida in '70 the high school was 12 miles away so my brother and I would car pool. He had a Chevy van and we'd rock out with this in 8 track. By then LZ II had come out too. Oh my.....what memories.....

Check out this performance though. Plant's vocals still strong. Bonzo's kid picking up where dad left off. Epic.

Unfortunately I was born too late to experience them while they were still together. But we did show this concert at my theater a few years back. The big screen and surround sound was awesome

Reactions: Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.