What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

Saw these guys open up for Kiss and Motley Crue at Oak Mountain a while back. They were still new/young enough that they waited out front to meet and greet the fans. I talked to them for about 10 minutes or so. Real cool band. I showed them support by buying their cd even though you could get it free by buying a Kiss or MC t-shirt. I think the whole cd rocks..

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The 2013 Drum Corps season is upon us:

[video=youtube;pvay3hbwX4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pvay3hbwX4M[/video]

Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I hate threads like these because someone ALWAYS comes along and posts a video with language in it that violates the TF language policy. Please follow the rules.

Now I get to go through each and every one and check the lyrics. :rolleyes:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
A "must have" for those who collect vinyl...the "Strangers in the Night" LP containing my favourite Sinatra song:

"I lost you to the summer wind....."

Who can't relate to this?

Wow....great stuff! :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

and one of my absolute favorite songs. i got to see tony rice with allison and union station at the Fox a few years back at the fox. incredible show.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Sam Bush, Bobby Hicks, and Allison Brown "Wayfaring Stranger"

Bluegrass Brothers "Six Hours on the Cross"

Big Fat Gap "Traveling the Highway Home"
i got to see allison brown a couple of times and she was great. once she opened for doc watson and another time i got to see her at eddies attic

eta: i love the vocals on the six hours on the cross. thats some serious southern drawl

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
im trying to get this into our repertoire for the bluegrass mass we play a few times a year. i did an arrangement with fiddle, guitar and 3-part harmony (2 male one female) for a christmas service a few years ago. its a fun song to sing.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I cannot get the video to post but I like Johnny Cash's cover of Nine Inch Nails "Hurt". He also did a cover for Soundgarden's Rusty Cage that is pretty good.
I also enjoy "Highwayman" with Waylon Jennings, Kris Krostofferson, Willie Nelson, and Johnny Cash.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Earlier this week, I was listening to Birmingham Mountain Radio and they played this song by Neil Young. I had never heard of it before, but it is such an incredible song. His voice is so high here...if I didn't know it was Neil Young, I might have thought that it was a woman singing.

My other big thing right now is one of my very favorite 1990s bands, The Screaming Trees, recently came out with "The Last Words: The Final Recordings". And it is such a great album. They came out with it back in 2011, but I just found out about it a couple months ago. I don't know how I missed that. This is my early favorite song on the album.

Enjoy, Stacy. ;)

And actually, for songs that aren't live performances, you might be able to go and just search on the lyrics somewhere instead of listening to the entire thing.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
i got to see allison brown a couple of times and she was great. once she opened for doc watson and another time i got to see her at eddies attic
Can't get enough of Brown, Rice, Bush, and Skaggs.

eta: i love the vocals on the six hours on the cross. thats some serious southern drawl
Yeah, the BG boys' look is horrible, but their voices are classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.