What music are you diggin'? - Page 7
Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757107 ... LastLast

Re: What music are you diggin'?

The term "core" is an interesting one and can be applied to many aspects of our life. Core values for example.

Music has been a very important part of my whole life. For modern rock....for some reason, I keep going back to what has always been the core for me.....Fleetwood Mac.

Some of the stuff with Bob Welch is really special.....

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by exiledNms View Post
    Been on Joe Bonamassa blues/blues-rock kick lately. I enjoyed the entire concert he did @ Royal Albert Hall (available on youtube fyi), but here are a couple of samples.

The Ballad of John Henry

Further On Up the Road - with Eric Clapton sitting in! (note: the actual music starts ~1 minute in; Joe intros EC & talks about his impact first.)

And a studio cut: Driving Towards the Daylight

In a different groove, mrs. exiled & I saw the Ellis Marsalis Quartet live in NOLA a couple of weeks ago. If you've ever considered liking jazz, get you some tix to see Ellis at Sung Harbor. The place only seats 90 people, & they never over-sell that number. You're welcome!
    Here's a clip of the quartet as it was a few years back. Still amazing to see today.
    Free download of latest

http://jbonamassa.com/free-bonamassa...onamassa+album

Lenny....love the beginning of this song......great story too "It ain't over 'till it's over"

“Namath is still Namath, but I must say that our guys were nice to him. I noticed when they knocked him down, they helped him to his feet. That was gentlemanly. I thought one stood around long enough to get his autograph.” - John McKay

This is a pretty epic song.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Lenny....love the beginning of this song......great story too "It ain't over 'till it's over"

That's a killer song

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Bilbo!

It's the weekend......track twelve of the album "Let's Dance The Bossa Nova" (1963)......

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles16's Avatar

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Acclaimed....

Merl Saunders

Merl Saunders, (February 14, 1934 – October 24, 2008) was an American multi-genre musician who played piano and keyboards, favoring the Hammond B-3 console organ.

Born in San Mateo, California, Saunders attended Polytechnic High School. In his first bands that played in San Francisco during high school was singer Johnny Mathis.[1] He served in the Air Force from 1953 to 1957. He worked as musical director of the Billy Williams Revue and served in a similar capacity in Oscar Brown Jr.'s off-Broadway show, Big Time Buck White.

He gained notice in the 1970s when he began collaborating with Jerry Garcia, with whom he had begun playing in 1971 at a small Fillmore Street nightclub called the Matrix.[1] He sat in with the Grateful Dead, and co-founded the Saunders/Garcia Band which produced three albums, and which became The Legion of Mary with the addition of Martin Fierro (sax) in 1974. It disbanded the following year, but he and Garcia continued to collaborate in the band Reconstruction during 1979, collaborating with Ed Neumeister (Trombone), Gaylord Birch (drums) and John Kahn (Bass).
    He led his own band as Merl Saunders and Friends, playing live dates with Garcia, as well as Mike Bloomfield, David Grisman, Michael Hinton, Tom Fogerty, Vassar Clements, Kenneth Nash, John Kahn and Sheila E.. He also collaborated with Grateful Dead percussionist Mickey Hart in the band High Noon.
    Merl Saunders took the lead in reintroducing Jerry Garcia to his guitar after Jerry suffered a diabetic coma in the summer of 1986.

More here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merl_Saunders

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

ZZ Ward, check her out.