What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's ironic you would start this thread..Cause a friend of mine just "Rick Rolled" me..LOL..Funny thing is though..I think it's an awesome song..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i've been hearing a lot of flatt lonesome recently and really like them. they just released their first album (i think) and its been getting a lot of play in sirius. glad to see the kids carrying on the ancient tones of the southern mountains

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It's ironic you would start this thread..Cause a friend of mine just "Rick Rolled" me..LOL..Funny thing is though..I think it's an awesome song..

I wonder how that "craze" started and why that particular song. I agree it is a good song.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Been listening to a good bit of Shiny Toy Guns lately after a friend introduced me to them (like their somewhat 80s-ish sound) & a few other things like the Walking Dead soundtrack.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I wonder how that "craze" started and why that particular song. I agree it is a good song.
Only answer I found was on Wikipedia..This is the answer from there..

Rickrolling is said to have begun as a variant of an earlier prank from the imageboard 4chan known as duckrolling,[SUP][6][/SUP] in which a link to somewhere (such as a specific picture or news item) would instead lead to a thread or site containing an edited picture of a duck with wheels. The user at that point is said to have been "duckrolled".

The first known instance of a rickroll occurred in May 2007 on /v/, 4chan's video game board, where a link to the Rick Astley video was claimed to be a mirror of the first trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV (which was unavailable due to heavy traffic). The joke was confined to 4chan for a very brief period.[SUP][6][/SUP]
By May 2008,[SUP][7][/SUP] the practice had spread beyond 4chan and became an Internet phenomenon, eventually attracting coverage in the mainstream media.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] An April 2008 poll by SurveyUSA estimated that at least 18 million American adults had been rickrolled.[SUP][10][/SUP] In September 2009, Wired magazine published a guide to modern hoaxes which listed rickrolling as one of the better known beginner-level hoaxes, alongside the fake e-mail chain letter.[SUP][11][/SUP]

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I love all music really..If it's good music..I'll listen to it..Even though he was before my time..I love Billy Preston's music..Dude was awesome & Did y'all know he almost became a member of The Beatles..The famous "Fifth Member"

I love The Band Perry's music..They're prolly my favorite country music band..

I also love Shinedown's music..They put out some really good songs..

Uncle Kracker also makes some dang cool songs..

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Another singer that was before my time that I absolutely love listening to is Eddie Rabbitt..He's one the best & most underrated musicians of all time..If I'm not mistaken..He wrote all of his own songs..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.