What music are you diggin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Anyone else got into that big Grateful Dead tribute from last year? Really good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the cover disc that was released? i heard a few good songs off of that on the sirius channel.

i don't know if this was on that compilation or not, but jesse mcreynolds (of jim and jesse fame) does a great cover of black muddy river

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
the cover disc that was released? i heard a few good songs off of that on the sirius channel.

i don't know if this was on that compilation or not, but jesse mcreynolds (of jim and jesse fame) does a great cover of black muddy river

Here's the version that was on Day of the Dead - Bon Iver with Bruce Hornsby:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I survived about 10 seconds of that. I'm not hearing what you guys are hearing.
I see the talent in the playing/singing combination....the singing on its own....not so much....been covered by 100's of bands including ones I've played in....I wouldn't put this cover in the spotlight, but the gal is talented nevertheless, IF she is actually playing!.....so I can relate to your view........

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I survived about 10 seconds of that. I'm not hearing what you guys are hearing.
It's one of those songs that shouldn't be touched
I see the talent in the playing/singing combination....the singing on its own....not so much....been covered by 100's of bands including ones I've played in....I wouldn't put this cover in the spotlight, but the gal is talented nevertheless, IF she is actually playing!.....so I can relate to your view........
Fair enough but.....

Her and/or the drummer girl performing in front of a BDS crowd.....that was the original context of the post.

Regardless of opinions expressed here......IMHO the fans would go crazy.

BTW...these two ladies are French and German respectively.....and I think it's very cool they are covering southern rock.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
If we're gonna go to posting Youtube singers/musicians I'm going to bring back up the Aaron O'Keefe kids that originally went viral with the cover of Tool's 46 and 2. They still blow me away.

The original one that went viral for reference (still waiting on this girl to front a rock band) - Some of the others get a bit too KidBoppy for me but I actually listen to this one in my car, lol:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Here's one for our favorite ex- QB surfer dude................

Penetration (a Dick Dale song, if what is left of my memory serves), by the Duo Tones.

Live........at some surf music whatever.

Totally tubular, fer ser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.