*** Center JC Hassenauer Commits To Alabama ***

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Re: ***Center JC Hassenauer Commits To Alabama***

pretty impressive for a 3* ( Meant asa slight to recruiting "experts"; JC has shown out everywhere he camps). I think our coaches can evaluate like no one else. Looking forward to JC on campus! RTR!!!
in truth, he had over 20 offers from BCS schools, so he wasnt exactly an unknown, just underrated....

but, our staff can evaluate talent for sure, that goes without question.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Don't believe it took very long for people to figure out why we took a kid out of Minnesota when we picked up Hassenauer. For the staff to take a true center prospect from that far away, you have to know that they absolutely love the kid and expect him to be a mainstay on the offensive line for years to come.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

in truth, he had over 20 offers from BCS schools, so he wasnt exactly an unknown, just underrated....

but, our staff can evaluate talent for sure, that goes without question.
Yeah, I meant the services like rivals, espn, etc. Whenever we get commits, I don't look at * rankings, I look at offers. Sometimes there are kids like Javy who only had like FAU and FIU offers before us, but if a kid has 15+ offers from major D-1 schools, he is very talented.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's got everyone's attention now. Link

247Sports national recruiting director JC Shurburtt jokingly called it "The Summer of JC."

And, no, he wasn't talking about himself.

It was the other JC making noise on 247Sports.com's revised player rankings for the class of 2014, Alabama commitment JC Hassenauer, who went from an unheralded, unproven three-star from St. Paul, Minn., to the nation's No. 1 center and No. 123 overall prospect.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

ESPN update their 300 today and JC not only debuted at 246 but also given a 4th star due to his one on one performances at The Opening in Oregon

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

ESPN update their 300 today and JC not only debuted at 246 but also given a 4th star due to his one on one performances at The Opening in Oregon
Good deal but a little surprised he is only #246 after his incredible run at camps this summer.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007

Good deal but a little surprised he is only #246 after his incredible run at camps this summer.
He didn't fair well against Arkansas commit Bijhon Jackson at the Nike Opening, neither did another Bama commit, Montel McBride.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

He didn't fair well against Arkansas commit Bijhon Jackson at the Nike Opening, neither did another Bama commit, Montel McBride.
After a couple of years with Saban I assume he will pick up whatever is necessary to handle his responsibilities against the hogs. I mean the average score the last 5 years has been 39-9 - and that during the hogs SEC "glory" years. Btw, the spankings/crushings/beatings will continue til further notice.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks for the link dirtroad. This guy will be a very good player and anytime you hear a coach describe an OL as "tough, nasty, physical" you know you got one you want.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.