Whiny Little Girl Mack Brown calls for limit on CFB staff size

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Re: Mack Brown calls for limit on CFB staff size

I watched the press conference. Mack actually said his defense was so bad because they did not have Colt (not someone like Colt) to play against in practice.

He is never going to get over it.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

I'm amazed the Horns accept such mediocrity at such a high cost. Everything is bigger in Texas, even the babies.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

Those on the Longhorn Network should be considered part of the Longhorn staff. That's an unfair advantage for the horns in their recruiting. etc.

So, Coach Brown is still shedding tears! It's time for him to retire. I actually hope he's 0 - 12 for the upcoming season. Maybe they, Longhorn Network, could send them to a bowl with that record and then they could end up 0 - 13.

He needs to stay outta Bama's business and get involved in his own busyness. He's afraid to talk about the Aggies so he talks about Bama.

Seems like I have a GREATER dislike for the Longhorns and Brown each season.

P.S. I will never vote for a Texas-ex as Governor of Texas.
He's just like the barner's, more concerned with what Bama's doing, than with what their own team is doing! A bunch of mental dwarf's! :rolleye2:

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS

Good responses all. I honestly think it is in his mind not to expand his staff because that would cut into his free time. Similar to the recruiting rules they passed to limit CNS.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

I think most Texas fans would be delighted to see their staff reduced by one.

Guess which one Mack?

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn

I watched the press conference. Mack actually said his defense was so bad because they did not have Colt (not someone like Colt) to play against in practice.

I get what Brown was trying to say, but, with regard to '09 and Colt, he still comes across like the guy that can't get over his high school girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN

no disrespect to OM or MSU but if someone wants to make this argument it would be Dan Mullen or Hugh Freeze. They have to play AL every year and do not have the resources to keep up. Yet I don't hear anything from them. If anything they make CNS whine about the offense they run. The last person to say something is MB. They have unlimited resources. They can do anything they want. Keep up or shut up and go away.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

For years, the Shorthorns have been telling us how great of a recruiter Coach February is. (Hence the honorary title.) So, if he is such a great recruiter, why hasn't he found the next Colt?

I guess we over-sign so many QBs that it doesn't leave any for him. Boo hoo hoo.

BTW, sorry you had to watch that, so that we wouldn't have to. You're a brave man, Tom.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't want to hear it. None of it.

From 1995-2006, the entire world of college football mocked us. We were called cheaters, coaches used us to get big raises from their schools, and pundits said we were an out of control fan base still religiously beholden to an icon dead for 20 years. When Fran left we were told we deserved it. When we fired Price we were called hypocrites. When we hired Saban, everyone said he was a cheating liar and would be gone in three years and leave our program in shambles.

But now that we do almost everything right, do the same loud mouths come around and say "what a great turnaround, you should be proud?" No, they accuse us of paying players, car and suit deals, over-signing, too many coaches, or having too much influence on the SEC (which given our 2010 schedule is nothing short of hilarious).

When we beat Texas, it was blamed on Colt getting hurt. When we beat LSU it was said we shouldn't have been in the game. When we beat Notre Dame it was said we were only there because Ohio State messed up and Oregon would have exposed us. Hey, we didn't make Ohio St take the Gator Bowl. And we didn't make the Oregon kicker miss two kicks, either.

I guess I can paraphrase Spurrier from the 1990s here: teams that can't win games will always complain about teams that can. And as far as I'm concerned, the Elephant Train is barreling towards another title. You have three options: 1) beat us head to head; 2) get out of college football; or 3) shut up.

Rant done, Roll Tide.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

From 1995-2006, the entire world of college football mocked us. We were called cheaters, coaches used us to get big raises from their schools, and pundits said we were an out of control fan base still religiously beholden to an icon dead for 20 years. When Fran left we were told we deserved it. When we fired Price we were called hypocrites. When we hired Saban, everyone said he was a cheating liar and would be gone in three years and leave our program in shambles.

But now that we do almost everything right, do the same loud mouths come around and say "what a great turnaround, you should be proud?" No, they accuse us of paying players, car and suit deals, over-signing, too many coaches, or having too much influence on the SEC (which given our 2010 schedule is nothing short of hilarious).

When we beat Texas, it was blamed on Colt getting hurt. When we beat LSU it was said we shouldn't have been in the game. When we beat Notre Dame it was said we were only there because Ohio State messed up and Oregon would have exposed us. Hey, we didn't make Ohio St take the Gator Bowl. And we didn't make the Oregon kicker miss two kicks, either.

I guess I can paraphrase Spurrier from the 1990s here: teams that can't win games will always complain about teams that can. And as far as I'm concerned, the Elephant Train is barreling towards another title. You have three options: 1) beat us head to head; 2) get out of college football; or 3) shut up.

Rant done, Roll Tide.
POTW! That was awesome! :D

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I used to really like Mack Brown. He seemed like a classy guy. I loved it when Texas beat USC in the BCSCG.

Now, he's turned into a grouchy old man that blames others for his woes. Texas really needs to fire Mack Brown. Someone said earlier he has done less with more than anyone in college football and how true that is. The Horns can't even compete with OU and and they're cherry picking the finest recruits in Texas.

I suspect Coach February will be unemployed this coming February. Hopefully, he'll keep his job.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Now he is whining that we need to pay players................

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/c...-college-players-n?blockID=923031&feedID=3742

You may not want to read this drivel. The writer is clearly an idiot, as the first sentence is "Mack Brown is the head coach of arguably the most powerful program in college football."

Sorry, I did not know "College loaded with tons of money, from oil royalties" equates to "Most powerful program." Unless it is the ability to ruin not one, but two, conferences. So, yes, in that respect, they are powerful.

So is the stench from a sewage plant.

I'm starting to think reading that site may not have been the wisest thing, while dinner is cooking....................excuse me while I..................

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

While we're at it, let's give everyone a participation trophy. While on the subject of making it fair, we should probably cap the amount of money available to any one program...you know, just to make it fair. I'm betting Texas has more money available via boosters than any other program in the country. Just sayin...
You hit the nail on the head there, brother. I can imagine some of the small schools wishing or complaining that they could afford the same staff and facilities that Bama has; however, Texas is the absolute last school that should ever complain about things being fair. Why don't they make things fair for the other teams in their own conference? Put on your big boy pants, Coach Brown.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL

Rant done, Roll Tide.
I just find it funny that Spurrier is now the one complaining about teams. Like someone else said, I loved seeing Brown (or I guess it was Vince young) beat USC but he has been annoying since the second Colt hobbled to the sideline in Pasadena

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.