2014 Recruiting: *** 2014 LB Christian Miller Commits to Alabama ***

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Re: *** 2014 LB Christian Miller Commits to Alabama***

Great pickup. I watched his video - he has similar range to CJ - he will be good against the run and the pass. However, I will say we will need to brush up on his tackling technique. In the first few minutes of video, I saw 3 or 4 hits that would likely have him on the bench this fall...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Roll Tide Roll! The Process continues. He has the potential to grow into a real monster.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Great pick up! Was he on anyone's recruiting radar? It seems we have had a lot of surprise commitments this year. Was anyone expecting this or even this soon? Maybe the out of state kids are harder to keep up with. It seems like we have someone only a few people have heard about commit and the frenzie begins to figure out who he is.
My biggest concern about kids who decommit, then commit after a couple of months is that they are probably easily influenced. Meaning, they are likely to flip again. Besides UGA, who else is our biggest competition for CM? How committed to Bama do you think he is? Will he still visit other schools? I know the article says he won't, but I just wonder.
Roll Tide! hope we can hold on to him.
He reminds me a lot of Tim Williams from last years class.

Last edited:

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008

Great pick up! Was he on anyone's recruiting radar? It seems we have had a lot of surprise commitments this year. Was anyone expecting this or even this soon? Maybe the out of state kids are harder to keep up with. It seems like we have someone only a few people have heard about commit and the frenzie begins to figure out who he is.
My biggest concern about kids who decommit, then commit right away is that they are probably easily influenced. Meaning, they are likely to flip again. Besides UF, who else is our biggest competition for CM? How committed to Bama do you think he is? Will he still visit other schools?
He definitely was and has been expected to commit to BAMA for a while now, before he committed to and decommitted from Florida. If this is the only board you get recruiting info from then it's not surprising that you would wonder if he's been on the radar. That's not meant to be an insult to you or this site, but in all honesty, it's the truth. For some reason it seems this year, threads have only been started on prospects after they commit or are reported to be close to committing, and that's why it seems like hardly anyone knows who they are. It used to be if my memory serves that there would be a thread on almost every prospect we were thought to be in serious contention with and those threads were locked when the prospect removed BAMA from their list or committed elsewhere.

There are a lot of prospects with no threads that BAMA is thought to be in great shape with, guys like Davion Hall, Ross Pierschbacher, Johnny Dixon, etc.

Roll Tide to Miller, great pick up. :BigA:

Great news. Seems to be a solid player. Anyone know how his grades are and if there are any questions over qualifying?
He has no grade concerns. 4.0 student:

Andrew Bone @AndrewJBone
#Alabama recruiting excellent student athletes, not just great LBs. Christian Miller sports a 4.0 GPA, same with Shaun Dion Hamilton.

Last edited:

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL

Well he even says in the article from 247 that we were his leader even when he was committed to UF and he just wasn't sure if we were going to give him a committable offer. So if he says he won't visit any other schools and we were the leader all along, I feel like it is a pretty solid commitment.

My biggest concern about kids who decommit, then commit after a couple of months is that they are probably easily influenced. Meaning, they are likely to flip again. Besides UGA, who else is our biggest competition for CM? How committed to Bama do you think he is? Will he still visit other schools? I know the article says he won't, but I just wonder.
Roll Tide! hope we can hold on to him.
He reminds me a lot of Tim Williams from last years class.

WsN

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 15, 2013

Welcome aboard Christian!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

He looks like he has the perfect size for one of our outside linebackers. Can you imagine what he will look like after about 2-3 years under Coach Cochran? He is going to be a beast.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

And for those keeping count, that's 16 players from 11 states so far.
It's pretty amazing that we still have 9 months until national signing day, and our class is 2/3 full. I'm wondering I we go on a commitment freeze for a while to wait for prospects like Fournette, Robinson, and other big recruits to make a decision. It would be a shame for us to run out of room prematurely,but this class is deep.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Very big get here. Miller is a nationally coveted prospect, outside of our traditional recruiting territory, and was our top OLB prospect in this class. Highly impressive job here by the staff, as usual.

Been apparent for some time now that we would be a very serious player for Miller down the stretch, and that he may very well end up at UA. Most people didn't expect we would get him this early -- and to be clear other schools aren't going to stop recruiting him -- but I imagine he stays firm. He has been a guy who has been pretty open about not particularly caring for the recruiting circus, and guys like that tend not to re-open their recruitment late in the game.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Very big get here. Miller is a nationally coveted prospect, outside of our traditional recruiting territory, and was our top OLB prospect in this class. Highly impressive job here by the staff, as usual.

Been apparent for some time now that we would be a very serious player for Miller down the stretch, and that he may very well end up at UA. Most people didn't expect we would get him this early -- and to be clear other schools aren't going to stop recruiting him -- but I imagine he stays firm. He has been a guy who has been pretty open about not particularly caring for the recruiting circus, and guys like that tend not to re-open their recruitment late in the game.
With the commitment to and quick de-commitment from Florida, I was leery of a serial committer until I saw his reasoning. Can't really argue with his logic. Plus, isn't it great that a national top 50 recruit was worried about getting a committable offer?

Sounds firm, but he's a USCe legacy, living and playing his senior year in Columbia.

With that GPA, is there any chance he'll finish HS early, and enter Tuscaloosa in January?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

With the commitment to and quick de-commitment from Florida, I was leery of a serial committer until I saw his reasoning. Can't really argue with his logic. Plus, isn't it great that a national top 50 recruit was worried about getting a committable offer?

Sounds firm, but he's a USCe legacy, living and playing his senior year in Columbia.

With that GPA, is there any chance he'll finish HS early, and enter Tuscaloosa in January?
Probably, unless he wants to enjoy his Prom and other Senior activities.

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010

It's pretty amazing that we still have 9 months until national signing day, and our class is 2/3 full. I'm wondering I we go on a commitment freeze for a while to wait for prospects like Fournette, Robinson, and other big recruits to make a decision. It would be a shame for us to run out of room prematurely,but this class is deep.
And we're getting a jump on 2015...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

So much for not liking the recruiting circus...

Afraid we have to move this one back into the open/"soft" commit category. He's taken a couple of unofficial visits to Georgia in recent weeks, and a lot of people are starting to grow concerned. Not saying he flips, mind you, but becoming increasingly clear that this one isn't over yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.