2014 Recruiting: *** 2014 LB Christian Miller Commits to Alabama ***

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: *** 2014 LB Christian Miller Commits to Alabama***

So much for not liking the recruiting circus...

Afraid we have to move this one back into the open/"soft" commit category. He's taken a couple of unofficial visits to Georgia in recent weeks, and a lot of people are starting to grow concerned. Not saying he flips, mind you, but becoming increasingly clear that this one isn't over yet.
I hate to see it happen, but, it works both ways sometimes, sometimes our, well actually, almost our way for the good when we flip a recruit, then every blue moon another school flips one of ours..It's all good if it happens, I'll wish him good luck, and support the stud just as good we replace him with..

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Why in the world would anyone want to play defense at UGA? It seems that defensive talent quickly disappears in Athens.
If I am not mistaken Georgia currently has more defensive players on NFL rosters than Alabama. I doubt that will last much longer, but someone of his talent can make it from there. It would hurt, and I obviously think our program would be better for him. Todd Grantham is a serious hothead, but his is a very good coach especially on the defensive line.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
What is the status of Miller? I see a lot of people predicting a switch to Georgia. The loss of their DC can't help things for them, can it?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
What is the status of Miller? I see a lot of people predicting a switch to Georgia. The loss of their DC can't help things for them, can it?
Losing Grantham probably doesn't help them, but given the staff turnover we've had at Alabama it's basically a wash between the two. FWIW, most people think Miller will stick, but UGA is a legitimate threat here and it wouldn't be a big shock if he flipped late.

And all of you guys with this "You shop, we shop" nonsense, just stop. That was seven years ago...

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Sorry guys, just going by what Coach Saban reiterated in 2012. I know there are certain players that we continue to go after, but he always has a back up plan.:

"There is an old saying, 'If you're shopping, then we should shop.' It shouldn't be that way, but when guys make commitments and then don't stick up for them, then you kind of get stuck a little bit because there may be other guys that you didn't recruit, that you could have recruited, that could have actually taken their place.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1050951-nick-sabans-new-definition-of-commitment

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Sorry guys, just going by what Coach Saban reiterated in 2012. I know there are certain players that we continue to go after, but he always has a back up plan.:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1050951-nick-sabans-new-definition-of-commitment
What I'm referring to is the general strategy Saban took with the Shula holdover recruits that were on-hand when he arrived in January of 2007. It's just ancient history at this point.

Obviously you do have to recruit in the alternative and have fall-back plans in place, but "You shop, we shop" isn't in place, at least not within the original meaning of the phrase.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Chris Rumph was his primary recruiter. Hope Lance Thompson can hold on to him. I'm sure Kirby Smart rumors to UGA isn't helping our cause. If Smart does go to UGA, it may be over for Miller also.
Maybe Van Gorder will end up back in UGA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.