RB Leonard Fournette Commits to LSU

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Re: RB Leonard Fournette Updates

I've watched a few interviews with Fournette on Nola.com and he's said that he loves to compete and isn't afraid of competition whatsoever. He said that his decision wouldn't be impacted just because Bama was loaded at RB (especially with this past class). Hopefully he means that!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Hill can leave after this season I believe. he's 21 y.o. and 3 years remove from HS.
Thanks. I thought he was a true sophomore like TJ. But that makes an even better argument for LSU because LF would likely be the starter from day 1 then.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I've watched a few interviews with Fournette on Nola.com and he's said that he loves to compete and isn't afraid of competition whatsoever. He said that his decision wouldn't be impacted just because Bama was loaded at RB (especially with this past class). Hopefully he means that!
That's huge!

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

Thanks. I thought he was a true sophomore like TJ. But that makes an even better argument for LSU because LF would likely be the starter from day 1 then.
That also means he has to carry the load for 3 years. That's a lot of mileage.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

At most positions, quality depth is usually a negative point in recruiting. You can say that good players want to come in an compete against other great players, but at the end of the day, players want to play.

That is not necessarily the case a RB.

Players are learning that the Alabama model of two and three running backs taking turns may be the best for your long term career. Just look at what USC-East did to Marcus Lattimore running him 30-40 times a game. I'm not saying they caused his injury, but RB's do get run down and are considered to only have so many "hits" in them. I've just got to wonder if all of this discussion of early playing time at LSU could be more of a hindrance than an advantage as most believe.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I agree 100% with you Krazy. IMO, for LF it could be as simple as staying in state and playing for your home school. I tried not to over think too much on his recruitment or others for that matter. kids are kids. we need to remember that from time to time. :biggrin:

at the end of the day, CNS has me worry free with recruitment. RTR!!
I understand why a kid would want to stay in state, and I can't fault him for that. But, every other reason leans towards Alabama.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I just have a really good feeling we're going to get LF, for one reason, the coaches have put their eggs in one basket, and have pretty much let auburn have the best RB, that's come out of the State Of Alabama in a really long time..They wouldn't have done that..Unless they're pretty positive we're going to get LF..

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009

I am pretty sure Hill is a true Soph so he will be back next year.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I am pretty sure Hill is a true Soph so he will be back next year.
His enrollment was delayed a year. That means he can go pro this year since he's been out of high school 3 years. He's basically a greyshirt except he didn't enroll because he's a sexual offender.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

I just have a really good feeling we're going to get LF, for one reason, the coaches have put their eggs in one basket, and have pretty much let auburn have the best RB, that's come out of the State Of Alabama in a really long time..They wouldn't have done that..Unless they're pretty positive we're going to get LF..
We can only hope.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

His enrollment was delayed a year. That means he can go pro this year since he's been out of high school 3 years. He's basically a greyshirt except he didn't enroll because he's a sexual offender.
that explains it. I was certain he wasn't redshirted and thought he was a sophomore. I forgot about the criminal issue. There was a funny sign this weekend that said "Neaux means Neaux Jeremy!"

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Oh no. Texas leads on their poll with 45% of the vote with LSWho and us with just over 20% :rolleye2:. He will be in crimson or purple but not burnt orange.
If he doesn't pick us (which I'm expecting him to pick LSU), I hope that he surprises all and goes to Texas; how the LSU fans would react would be priceless. They pretty much have put all their eggs in the LF basket for the '13 and '14 classes.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

If he doesn't pick us (which I'm expecting him to pick LSU), I hope that he surprises all and goes to Texas; how the LSU fans would react would be priceless. They pretty much have put all their eggs in the LF basket for the '13 and '14 classes.
Texas has a great tradition of taking 5 star RB recruits and making them mediocre. At least LSU showcases RBs like Alabama does. Why in the world if you are a big time RB recruit would you even consider Texas right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.