DT Matt Elam Signs With Kentucky

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: DT Matt Elam Updates

With the way that was written, I figured there was something left

Easy there, Joe Friday, It's been a while since English Grammar posted on this board. We regularly see far worse damage done to the language.

I take the comment about the mother to mean that Matt's family is not a rich one, leaving her little time or money to travel to games.

Thanks KY for your post.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I would love to see him wearing crimson next year b/c the kid is a monster of a talent but I respect the knowledge that you have in the situation. Hope you are wrong but wouldn't be surprised if he choose UK over UA. Big talent picks lesser schools over big time school every year.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004

Hey Kytider, thanks for posting the information. And please don't mind people who are critical of other's writing. Please post anytime. I understand the part about the mother. If he goes to Alabama, his mother will never get to see him play. If he plays in Lexington, maybe there's a chance that his mother will come one day. Sometimes you have to empathize in order to understand. He's still a kid.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Matt Elam is one of those really special talents, and as much as I would like to see him in Crimson I can understand his thinking... Good luck to him wherever he decides to go!

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida

Hey Kytider, thanks for posting the information. And please don't mind people who are critical of other's writing. Please post anytime. I understand the part about the mother. If he goes to Alabama, his mother will never get to see him play. If he plays in Lexington, maybe there's a chance that his mother will come one day. Sometimes you have to empathize in order to understand. He's still a kid.
But she could sit in front of the tv and watch him every week if he chooses Bama. But not if he went to UK.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

But she could sit in front of the tv and watch him every week if he chooses Bama. But not if he went to UK.
With our new deal with ESPN and others, every team in the SEC plays on TV 11 out of the 12 games. Now if she wants to watch her son play at 11:00 am every Sat he should go to UK ;)

venomous1

Jan 18, 2012

Thanks for the info KYTider... We have been told all along that it would be a tough pull to get him out of Kentucky, which is kinda funny when you think about it. Stoops has also reportedly been telling these 2014 guys that they could come in and help turn the program around, so even if Alabama destroys Kentucky next week, it may have little impact.

Im still gonna hope for the best though, RTR!

KYtider

Jul 16, 2013

My bad, I didn't know I was taking a writing exam. I thought I was making a post on a freakin message board, next time I will proof read my post before hitting post.. lol.. I have watched the kid play 2 times this year and the kid is a beast and would fit perfect in our 3-4 front but he will be wearing blue and white as crazy as that seems.. Alexander has been the only great in state player to leave the state of KY and its hilarious because UK didn't offer him to play with Tim Couch.. With the success Lville is having and UK selling the come here and play now card, it sucks Elam is from KY.. I would give anything to see him in Crimson and will keep hope but we have less than 10% of getting this kid.. I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he can make it to the league because as a poster above listed, he has not had the greatest life growing up.. RTR and I will study up so I will get a better grade on the next writing test.. lol

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Elam would get just as much a chance to play early at Bama. We need bodies like his now on the DL. Play for championships or moral victories, his choice.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Elam would get just as much a chance to play early at Bama. We need bodies like his now on the DL. Play for championships or moral victories, his choice.
If you had a chance to play for Alabama during the Shula years, would you have?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

If I had a chance to play for Dubose, I would have...if that was my only offer. If I had an offer to play at a FSU during its prime, I would have given serious thought. A great coach like Bowden is comparable to a great Nick Saban. Of course, I didn't play at either. :p

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

With our new deal with ESPN and others, every team in the SEC plays on TV 11 out of the 12 games. Now if she wants to watch her son play at 11:00 am every Sat he should go to UK ;)
Just like a basketball player that wants to be seen on ESPN Tuesday nights then he should go to UK as well...drives me nuts but then I don't complain too much when Bama football is on primetime so often.:blush:

KYtider: I wouldn't worry about the grammer police but I will say that some of us have difficulty reading long, single paragraph posts. My suggestion is to break a long post down into smaller paragraphs for us challenged folk. And, thanks for posting!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If I also had an offers from Florida or FSU at the same time, no I would have gone to UF or FSU.
Fair enough, but understand that the only reason that Alabama doesn't completely fold during your "down" years is that so many people grow up dreaming of playing for Alabama. Even if you are not great when they get a shot, they still come.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Fair enough, but understand that the only reason that Alabama doesn't completely fold during your "down" years is that so many people grow up dreaming of playing for Alabama. Even if you are not great when they get a shot, they still come.
But, if people actually said that, then we'd lose out on Matt Elam....please, dont apply logic to recruiting discussions...
:)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

My bad, I didn't know I was taking a writing exam. I thought I was making a post on a freakin message board, next time I will proof read my post before hitting post.. lol.. I have watched the kid play 2 times this year and the kid is a beast and would fit perfect in our 3-4 front but he will be wearing blue and white as crazy as that seems.. Alexander has been the only great in state player to leave the state of KY and its hilarious because UK didn't offer him to play with Tim Couch.. With the success Lville is having and UK selling the come here and play now card, it sucks Elam is from KY.. I would give anything to see him in Crimson and will keep hope but we have less than 10% of getting this kid.. I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he can make it to the league because as a poster above listed, he has not had the greatest life growing up.. RTR and I will study up so I will get a better grade on the next writing test.. lol
Don't worry about it KY, the Grammer Police on here gets absolutely sickening at times, their goal is to embarrass folks, I reckon it makes them sleep better at night..I understood exactly what your post read & had no problem understanding what you meant. ..I wish folks had more respect for others. ..

Last edited:

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC

The same could be said for Ohio State, or Notre Dame, or even USC. And I have to admit it, if I was a player that was offered to play @ BAMA, it would not matter to me if we was in a loosing cycle or not. Same as if I had grown up a fan of Ohio State ext..... But, let's be honest here. Kentucky does not have an elite football program. Yes, if I was a basketball player, then I would seriously consider Kentucky, but this is football :).

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

If we don't get Elam. do we take another DT? (2 commits at this time) Who is/are the target/s?

Isn't there talk of McBride being a DT as opposed to OL?

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If we don't get Elam. do we take another DT? (2 commits at this tome) Who is/are the target/s?

Isn't there talk of McBride being a DT as opposed to OL?
I know we are looking at Reed, a JUCO kid that originally signed with FLA out of HS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.