College Footballs Athletic Facilities Arm Race(Videos)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
After watching the video tour of our new football facilities, I got curious as to other schools football facilities, and there's some really nice ones out there..I like ours better though, because ours functions better training wise, ours is set up with the purpose of "The Process" in mind, when it was drawn up & designed..Here's some other videos of other schools football facilities, feel free too add any other videos, if you find some other schools football facilities videos..

Here's Oregon's which are super nice..Still like ours better though..

Here's Georgia's facilities..They're nice as well..Just not as nice as ours..

Here's Nebraska's football facilities, which out of all of them, I like theirs the best, still not as nice as ours though..

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
That video doesn't even begin to do justice to the Ducks new Football Performance Center. That place is just insane. Of course, when you have Phil Knight footing the bill money is no object. In fact, one official involved was quoted as saying that there was no budget and that many of the features were built twice, i.e., if the finished product didn't meet expectations, it was torn down and rebuilt. Imported Italian marble showers, imported Brazilian hardwood floors, German made individually ventilated lockers, and Ferrari Italian leather seating in team meeting rooms are just some of the materials mentioned. Again, it is just insane.

http://j.mp/11y8XlW

http://j.mp/11y8WOQ

http://j.mp/11y9hRw

http://j.mp/136p9IG

http://j.mp/136pafQ

http://j.mp/11yb3Ci

I'll take ours over UGA and Nebraska any day.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That video doesn't even begin to do justice to the Ducks new Football Performance Center. That place is just insane. Of course, when you have Phil Knight footing the bill money is no object. In fact, one official involved was quoted as saying that there was no budget and that many of the features were built twice, i.e., if the finished product didn't meet expectations, it was torn down and rebuilt. Imported Italian marble showers, imported Brazilian hardwood floors, German made individually ventilated lockers, and Ferrari Italian leather seating in team meeting rooms are just some of the materials mentioned. Again, it is just insane.

I'll take ours over UGA and Nebraska any day.
Oregon's is right there with us in the arm's race for facilities in college football..You're 100% correct in that Nike's money is well spent in Eugene, Oregon that's for sure..

Here's a quick video of Arkansas upgrade of their facilities, as much as I've shopped over the years at Wal Mart, I feel like I've contributed to the Hawgs upgraded facilities..LOL..Theirs is really nice as well..

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think arms race is an accurate way of putting what is starting to happen. For a while, I think the football field was the focal point for improvement, but as schools start to max out on how many people they could possibly fit/could possibly want to go to the games (Oregon being a good example of not so impressive fanbase) the next step is to work on other facilities.

Oregon has a billionaire like Phil Knight backing them, and they can afford to do things in an arms race even SEC schools can't. On the flip side, I think we'll start to see some SEC programs start to really upgrade facilities as well, once they realize they can't get any more fans in the seats, and still have all this SEC money to spend...

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
I think arms race is an accurate way of putting what is starting to happen. For a while, I think the football field was the focal point for improvement, but as schools start to max out on how many people they could possibly fit/could possibly want to go to the games (Oregon being a good example of not so impressive fanbase) the next step is to work on other facilities.

Oregon has a billionaire like Phil Knight backing them, and they can afford to do things in an arms race even SEC schools can't. On the flip side, I think we'll start to see some SEC programs start to really upgrade facilities as well, once they realize they can't get any more fans in the seats, and still have all this SEC money to spend...
And, except for the HUNHOs, they are all trying to copy the Saban blueprint.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Exactly..You make a valid point..Schools will have no choice but too upgrade their facilities, if they don't wanna be left in the dust, by the schools that have or that's in the process of upgrading..It'a all about money, and to make big time money, ya gotta spend big time money..It's the day & age of college football were living in..Simple as that..

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Oregon's is right there with us in the arm's race for facilities in college football..You're 100% correct in that Nike's money is well spent in Eugene, Oregon that's for sure..

Here's a quick video of Arkansas upgrade of their facilities, as much as I've shopped over the years at Wal Mart, I feel like I've contributed to the Hawgs upgraded facilities..LOL..Theirs is really nice as well..

The Walton Foundation gives generously to the ACADEMIC side, athletics not so much. Now folks that worked and invested with Walmart early on, that's a much different story. Our largest contributor, at least publically is the Reynolds Foundation and that was built on money from a multimedia operation. That's why it's called Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium and the foundation's chairman is Fred Smith, not the Fed Ex one.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Funny, when I was in HS back in the late 60's early 70's we just had an old really, really stinky locker room with a few wooden benches and a rack with a wire basket.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.