NCAA has questions about ol' sis recruiting

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain that's paid attention to CFB recruiting for very long sees OM's class as a giant red flag - even though it was probably the 3rd or 4th best class in the SEC, the reality is it was WAY out of historic character for OM. I'm a bit cynical to begin with, but as I watched NSD coverage on TV I couldn't help but think something was fishy in Oxford.

Maybe not, but it doesn't pass the sniff test for me...
Seriously. Ed Orgeron who is one of the best recruiters of the past two decades couldn't get a haul in like that.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Makes sense that ole miss would be next on ......'***** list, as they are another hunh team with a lot of momentum, and we can't have them signing top-10 recruiting classes.

Tennessee is up next, I imagine.
OK, if 10RC is next, I wandered over to Vile Nation.

This will be news to them, since there is not even a thread about this.

So, in answer to the Universal Question "Who do you hate more: API or 10RC?", only one has a thread that blames us for this.

stew0729

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2011
It is sad to say but the barn has opened up a loop hole in the NCAA that will continue to get larger. The NCAA has no judicial power so all teams have to do is get a lawyer to advise the school on how to handle their student athlete (basically represent the athlete, but not, because that is a violation) which in turn puts the NCAA behind the 8 ball because they cannot fight these large institutions in a courtroom. And as long as everyone sticks to the same story in the institution then its your word against mine and if you penalize me I will win a lawsuit so large their grand kids will be paying the people involved.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Holy walking dead , thread. Selma, I think you are bored and no one came out to play today.

But , the thread was accurate in its predictions. Of course everyone knew they were cheatin' . It was talked about a lot.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I bet Miss St wants no part when it comes to discussing the recruitment of their players with the NCAA..The State Of Mississippi is a cesspool of cheating at all their schools..

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I bet Miss St wants no part when it comes to discussing the recruitment of their players with the NCAA..The State Of Mississippi is a cesspool of cheating at all their schools..
A recruiter from Memphis (I think) asked a player at East Mississippi Junior College (LAst Chance U) what else he wanted to come to his school and the EMJC player glanced sideways at the camera, grinned and said, "We got cameras."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.