NCAA has questions about ol' sis recruiting

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Been expecting to hear something about 'ol sis' recruiting. This is prolly just the beginning of their downfall, but when when you are already close to the bottom it don't hurt to fall.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Auburn paved the way for Ole Miss' egregious violations. The question now is whether or not the NCAA has any teeth left or not.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Auburn paved the way for Ole Miss' egregious violations. The question now is whether or not the NCAA has any teeth left or not.
NCAA has no teeth just watch what happens to aTm. As for Ole Sis & MSU, I think the dogs are just mad about being out bid again.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This article offers no real information. This could be about something very serious, or about something minor. The fact that MSU has him working with an attorney suggests a more serious nature, but that could just be MSU trying to protect one of their best players.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
From what I've heard (rumors from friends that I have in Dallas), Ole Miss has a booster in Dallas waving cash around like it was candy. Complete hearsay, although I wouldn't doubt it.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I believe open season on cheating started last year. Once schools found out how to move the money and to hire a good lawyer when the NCAA came snooping the game was up. If you think things were bad in the 70's and 80's you're about to see stuff that will make Cam Newton think he should have held out for a better deal. All of which will help teams like Ole Sis but it won't get them what they want, players who play for money don't play like champions.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This can't be. Hugh Freeze is a good Christian man. He would never cheat to get a recruit.* :wink:

*Note: He would never. That does not mean his friends in Batesville or Memphis wouldn't.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
From what I've heard (rumors from friends that I have in Dallas), Ole Miss has a booster in Dallas waving cash around like it was candy. Complete hearsay, although I wouldn't doubt it.
I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain that's paid attention to CFB recruiting for very long sees OM's class as a giant red flag - even though it was probably the 3rd or 4th best class in the SEC, the reality is it was WAY out of historic character for OM. I'm a bit cynical to begin with, but as I watched NSD coverage on TV I couldn't help but think something was fishy in Oxford.

Maybe not, but it doesn't pass the sniff test for me...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In a related story, every Auburn fan in Alabama points the finger of blame at Alabama and Nick Saban, saying this is retaliation because Ole Miss led Alabama for 15 seconds last year.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
First off, I have to say this. I have yet to hear anything to indicate that the Ole Miss coaches have broken any rules. Remember, a booster can be buying recruits and the coaches don't have to be in on it. Listening to the coaches explanation for the recruiting class is kind of comical, as it seems like they were as surprised as anyone else. It's like a guy in a rigged fight, going out and knocking out the champ and trying to explain how it happened.

Ole Miss did what you'd expect a program like them to do. They offered a lot of the top guys. The amazing part wasn't that they ended up with the best class ever, far more of those top guys than one would expect... it was the way in which it happened.

In a lot of cases, it did appear Ole Miss was just making obligatory offers, and then around the time it was publicized how the NCAA botched the Miami case (could be coincidence of course), Ole Miss started landing some of these guys. Then, it become kind of a running joke as even though nothing up until then, including what the recruits said or did indicated such, you kind of knew that Ole Miss was going to land the uncommitted kids that had an Ole Miss hat on the table.

That was the remarkable part, Ole Miss closed on virtually everyone they were in the running on. Including a guy, who as I understand it was supposedly going to go to Alabama up until the day before. In either case, the point is this wasn't a case of Ole Miss being a favorite with these players for months, it was that for some strange reason, several of the top guys all of the sudden decided Ole Miss was the place to go. That was the part that made it so obvious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.