Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Enrolled at Ole Miss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaCorvin

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Chattanooga , Tn
Re: Safety C.J. Hampton Updates (Ole Miss Commit)

I just don't understand the whole part about announcing that is is going to stick with his original commitment. Guess he wanted another round of attention

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Very disappointing news. I sure hope we close strong in the secondary as of right now our only commit is from a guy that many are saying likely will not qualify. I feel pretty good about Humphrey but even he is not a lock and we are down to just a few possibilities. I trust our staff but it really discouraging to see so many misses and de-commits from secondary players.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

If Hootie ends up at Ole Miss, we will know the answer why. Some of these commitment announcements are just getting ridiculous. You're all Ole Miss, you de-commit, and then you commit to Ole Miss? We'll be fine, we will fill his space and move on.

Last edited:

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

This whole thing seems incredibly orchestrated. Freeze and these Ole Miss boosters are throwing caution to the wind. Last years class had Red Flags all over every top kid (the 4 5 stars) that they signed. They must feel like they are invincible here. Bama really needs Humphrey to land in T-town. But I am very skeptical of the recruiting pitch FSU is selling this kid with Jeremy Pruitt and the track issue. Hoping Bobby (dad) has some influence here.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010

I thought decision making is a needed skill for Safety position. I guess I'm wrong

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

So you either play for the best or get beat by the best, and I guess Hampton prefers the latter. Want players who want to play for championships, not players who want attention.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This reeks of something Hugh Freeze orchestrated. Whatever helps him feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrotherOfBear

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 28, 2006
Backwoods, AL

Good for Hampton. I hope the decision is one of the best of his lifetime. I hope he makes it to the pros and is able to provide for his family for a long time to come. Do we really have to rip apart every last person that does not choose Bama and always think the worst? Wouldn't it be great if everything was on the up and up and the kid actually did what was best for him? It is giving me ulcers thinking that every coaching staff and fan base, other than Bama's, are majorly corrupt.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

Good for Hampton. I hope the decision is one of the best of his lifetime. I hope he makes it to the pros and is able to provide for his family for a long time to come. Do we really have to rip apart every last person that does not choose Bama and always think the worst? Wouldn't it be great if everything was on the up and up and the kid actually did what was best for him? It is giving me ulcers thinking that every coaching staff and fan base, other than Bama's, are majorly corrupt.
As of late, there has been a TON of smoke surrounding Mississippi's recruiting practices. Furthermore, no one on this board is ripping apart every last person that does not choose Bama. This kid certainly did what was best for him, no doubt. Every coaching staff and fan base are not corrupt...but we think we know of at least 1 in the SEC that is carrying the corrupt banner these days and it sits west of here.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I don't think anybody is ripping him apart. It was just kinds strange because he was committed to ole miss, decomitted, and then had a ceremony to recommit to ole miss. This is a recruiting board dedicated to talking about potential bama recruits so people will have strong feelings here. I agree we shouldn't claim every program who gets a player we want is corrupt, but I don't think anyone is doing that. Someone claiming it looks like something might be going on at ole miss isn't saying they're cheating. Just that's its strange that they are getting all these 5* recruits when they never used to.

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010

Im going to "rip" the guy not because he chose someone other that Alabama but because of his immaturity. You open up your recruitment, make coaches waste their time on you, decommit for 3 days, and have an announcement saying you are again committing back to Ole Miss. Really is this what recruiting has come to? Im 20 years old and even I know this is bs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Folks on this board have generally been very kind and supportive of players that choose other teams - even when the team that they choose is Auburn. I know that my problem with this had nothing to do with his chosen team. He de-committed then re-committed in a very unusual way at a time when unusual things are happening with Ole Miss recruiting. That deserves a little more scrutiny, don't you think?

I can't prove that anything untoward is happening in Ole Miss recruiting, but there is smoke all over the place. Billowing clouds of smoke for all to see.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

I don't think anybody is ripping him apart. It was just kinds strange because he was committed to ole miss, decomitted, and then had a ceremony to recommit to ole miss. This is a recruiting board dedicated to talking about potential bama recruits so people will have strong feelings here. I agree we shouldn't claim every program who gets a player we want is corrupt, but I don't think anyone is doing that. Someone claiming it looks like something might be going on at ole miss isn't saying they're cheating. Just that's its strange that they are getting all these 5* recruits when they never used to.
Maybe they have learned to refine the $cam procedure and have taken advantage of what everyone now knows NCAA can, or will, do. It is very, very strange in how Ole Miss is assembling such fine recruiting classes there. In which I say, good for them, they deserve to have a winning program, we all know they have been bottom dwellers for an awful long time. I'm just wondering what it is that CHF is using to entice these young men to go to Oxford? Other than the gorgeous women, of course.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I read yesterday that he signed financial agreement letters with FSU, ole miss and Bama. Is this correct and if he did, what does it mean?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I read yesterday that he signed financial agreement letters with FSU, ole miss and Bama. Is this correct and if he did, what does it mean?
A new rule allows EEs to sign a financial agreement with a school to guarantee a spot. A player can sign as many as he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

I am surrounded by Ole Sis Brown Bear people who are acting like this is better than beating us on the field. I have continued to try and explain that one recruit does not get you from the Birmingham BBVA Bowl to the BCSNCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.