Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Sad to see high school coaches fight after a game, I heard the Cullman HC started the fight after the game(I have no idea if that's true), were any of y'all at the game by chance..Nice way to set an example for your players, stay classy fellows, I take it this is a heated rivalry..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
    http://www.mountaineagle.com/view/fu...ce=home_sports

I notice you linked only the Cullman side of things. Here's the Jasper paper. Our article is more informative and better written.

Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation All-American Tide Rev's Avatar

Having been a former HS coach, this is inexcusable. These men are supposed to be an example to the young men they coach and the community they serve. This is what happens when football gets more important than life itself. This is only going to get worse unless someone gets a grip on this problem. Flame away if you want but this has been going on for 30-40 years. This is what happens when you have men who think they are bigger than the game and treat the game like every game is a National Championship. I told my wife the other night I miss the competition, the teaching aspect of coaching and relationships with the kids, but I do not miss having to deal with delusional parents who think their child can do no wrong and dealing with pompous opponents who are out of control.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Sad - some coaches will lose their jobs, and many players will probably get suspended for the season. I don't know much about Alabama HS football, but the axe would swing for something like this up here.
    10-1 it swings hard, heavy and fast
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation All-American 37bamagreats55's Avatar

Were the players involved? I'm getting mixed reports.

Whatever coaches were involved should be let go immediately.

This is deplorable and I'm sure will be broadcast all over the country and give the state a huge blackeye (no pun intended).
    The district (or whoever makes the call) needs to act swiftly and powerfully and perhaps suspend the programs for the entire season or at least until a full review of the altercation has been made.

BamaNation All-American

Time for heads to roll. No excuses for any of this. Right after they are fired, criminal charges should be filed.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Mke4Bama View Post
    Being from Good Hope all I can say is........typical
    Care to elaborate?

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Rev View Post
    Having been a former HS coach, this is inexcusable. These men are supposed to be an example to the young men they coach and the community they serve. This is what happens when football gets more important than life itself. This is only going to get worse unless someone gets a grip on this problem. Flame away if you want but this has been going on for 30-40 years. This is what happens when you have men who think they are bigger than the game and treat the game like every game is a National Championship. I told my wife the other night I miss the competition, the teaching aspect of coaching and relationships with the kids, but I do not miss having to deal with delusional parents who think their child can do no wrong and dealing with pompous opponents who are out of control.
    I don't know anyone in their right mind that would flame what you said, so very well I might add.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Rev View Post
    Amen Rev..I will argue for ya if anyone disagree's with what you said..I agree 100% with ya..

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

I hope whoever was involved coach wise is FIRED. There is no excuse for this crap, coaches are supposed to be the peace makers, and when they are not they deserve to be looking for another job.

I have seen two videos and just out luck it seems the person with the oldest cell phone was filming it. Steve Savarese will have a field day with this one.

Rumor I hear is after Cullman won they ran onto the field taunting and somehow the Cullman coach at Walker's Head Coach got into it. Heard there was a supposed sucker punch in plain view as well so who knows? I wouldn't take that as gospel either.

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Parrish. They went after the Refs.
    We (Winterboro) were the team that stopped their run in 1A, I think the ref problem happened the next year or so after that. After their last title year we had to travel to Parrish in the first round (I wasn't a player, was gone well before that year) and we were all warned at how bad some of their fans could be and sure enough it was CRAZY. They were ready to kill the refs after we won 21-14, any tackle near the sidelines and you could hear them going nuts about late hits, if their WR didn't catch the ball it had to be Pass Interference, etc. We thought we might have to fight our way out of there but they were busy griping at the refs.

I will admit though they got better with their last successful coach (Andy Keith).

Preach on Rev!!! I agree fully!

I coached at Talladega for baseball the past two years and we had a problem against our rival Munford in a game that got ugly after we beat them with the 10 run rule after the 5th inning. Words were going on the whole game and the umps never said a word and it only got worse after that. So we go to shake hands after the game on the field and of course MORE words come flying. While I didn't blame my players for some of the things they said after the way they were treated we still had to play peace maker as the coaches. In my opinion you ALWAYS have to play the peace maker no matter what. It all should be on video and let the AHSAA and the schools handle any kid that throws a punch, but as a coach I would have to make myself quit if I threw a punch period on the field, and any coach that DOES throw a punch IMHO should be fired and never allowed to coach in this state again. There is just no sense for it.

The only way I could see throwing a punch is if a players life is in immediate danger (like a gun man on the field or something like that).

Followed this last night as it broke. here's some amateur and sketchy video of the nonsense.

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I have no idea what happened but it's easy to say you shouldn't throw a punch and I agree, but emotions can get the best of us sometimes and if someone sucker punches you do you really know how you would react? I hope there is a better video so authorities can sort this out no matter who is at fault. I hate to see things like this because our kids need to be taught better.