Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Yes I do. Typical Cullman attitude. They can't just win they have to win and then tell you about it. They played Good Hope years ago and had 14 personal foul penalties called against them and one of their running backs (who will remain nameless) shooting birds at the GH crowd. That's why.
    "You don't want to be scared half to death more than once."

-Captain Obvious-

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    I have no idea what happened but it's easy to say you shouldn't throw a punch and I agree, but emotions can get the best of us sometimes and if someone sucker punches you do you really know how you would react? I hope there is a better video so authorities can sort this out no matter who is at fault. I hate to see things like this because our kids need to be taught better.
    Maybe not, but my reaction would be my responsibility, not the person who hit me. These coaches have to be held to a very high standard in cases like this. They coach man sized boys playing a very violent game. They have to teach control.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

It is easy to say you don't throw a punch because you SHOULDN'T throw a punch. Simple as that. Kids and coaches taunting you DOES NOT warrant a punch. In situations like that you just let them taunt away and let them show their lack of class. But throwing a punch to teach another coach a lesson because they taunt you is simply stupid (not saying anyone did so in this case, j/s)

Being raised in Jasper and playing football for Walker I'll just say this. Sometimes our teams are outstanding, sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes awful. No one's ever sure about that---BUT I CAN guarantee you one constant--If you beat us and start taunting us you're going to get hit in the mouth. Count on it. Might not be the right thing to do but it's gonna happen--trust me. sip

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Mke4Bama View Post
    Yes I do. Typical Cullman attitude. They can't just win they have to win and then tell you about it. They played Good Hope years ago and had 14 personal foul penalties called against them and one of their running backs (who will remain nameless) shooting birds at the GH crowd. That's why.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. My son played there a couple of years and we never saw that. Not saying it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Being raised in Jasper and playing football for Walker I'll just say this. Sometimes our teams are outstanding, sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes awful. No one's ever sure about that---BUT I CAN guarantee you one constant--If you beat us and start taunting us you're going to get hit in the mouth. Count on it. Might not be the right thing to do but it's gonna happen--trust me. sip
    You say that like you are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Been that way as long as I can remember. Being proud of it has nothing to do with it. Way of life in Walker county.
    "You don't want to be scared half to death more than once."

-Captain Obvious-

Quote Originally Posted by Mke4Bama View Post
    Been that way as long as I can remember. Being proud of it has nothing to do with it. Way of life in Walker county.
    I would move. I don't want to live around cave men.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

I would move. I don't want to live around cave men.
    They are right. Walker County is craaaaaaa-zee!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-American Tide Rev's Avatar

When I coached, we taught our players fighting was not an option at any point. We told them if the other team runs their mouth, let them do it. You have a choice as to how you act and react. Those lessons were taught on those hot afternoons in the preseason when you did not want to be out there long before the lights came on Friday nights. That lesson gets heard by others as well. I expected our fans to act the same way. It is the old mantra heard from Coach Bryant..."act like you have been there before...show your class and character." It is obvious that one or both of the teams involved have not chosen to act that way. These are adults who are supposed to be setting the example.

I'm proud of the players for sticking with each other and having each other's backs. Dang straight I am. Not proud of the coaches at all. They're trained adults who should know better, not 17 year old testosterone filled competitors who just suffered a tough loss and were being taunted.
    It's easy to say they should have just walked away. But I've been in that situation, and at that age, I'm not sure if it's possible. My last game was against Austin of Decatur. The game ended in a brawl and ole sip was right smack dab in the middle of it...lol

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Rumor I hear is after Cullman won they ran onto the field taunting and somehow the Cullman coach at Walker's Head Coach got into it. Heard there was a supposed sucker punch in plain view as well so who knows? I wouldn't take that as gospel either.
    Yeah, I'm hearing Cullman fans and players were taunting our players and fans after the game ended. Their DC got into it with our HC; our HC grabbed his shirt, busted him in the nose and then laid into him. No mention of a sucker punch. I can't watch Mack's video on my gubmit computer.
    Regardless, definitely improper behavior by our coach.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I'm proud of the players for sticking with each other and having each other's backs. Dang straight I am.
    If they walk away, they win. As soon as they decide to fight, they lose. This is not a war. These kids need to be banned from the game.