Link: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    Yeah, I'm hearing Cullman fans and players were taunting our players and fans after the game ended. Their DC got into it with our HC; our HC grabbed his shirt, busted him in the nose and then laid into him. No mention of a sucker punch. I can't watch Mack's video on my gubmit computer.
    Regardless, definitely improper behavior by our coach.
    Sounds like our coach was just as guilty. Shameful either way.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

The Jasper Board of Education acted swiftly and placed Walker head football coach John Holladay on administrative leave today, according to the Daily Mountain Eagle's Facebook page. Administrative leave means the employee is suspended with pay.
    AHSAA Executive Director Steve Saverese confirmed in an e-mail this morning that the governing body will investigate the incident. AHSAA officials ordinarily request videotape from the participating schools, and school officials are sometimes summoned to Montgomery to meet with Savarese.
    http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...tball-game/#/0
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Yeah, I'm hearing Cullman fans and players were taunting our players and fans after the game ended. Their DC got into it with our HC; our HC grabbed his shirt, busted him in the nose and then laid into him. No mention of a sucker punch. I can't watch Mack's video on my gubmit computer.
    Yea you know how the rumors go, but it seems to be about near the truth. I'm not sure about a sucker punch either (some people have no idea if a punch is a sucker punch or just a man beating you down while you watch) but like you said it seems the Cullman DC said something to the Walker HC and then the Walker HC proceeded to beat him down pretty bad. Whether it was a cheap shot or not who knows at this point. I think it is almost certain now that he did throw the first punch though. I'm to the point that BOTH should be fired and be done with. Neither deserve to represent their school anymore.

You better believe Coach Savarese will have them in Montgomery with a copy of the tape. I expect some pretty swift and heavy consequences for both fools and possibly see both schools punished as well and/or just placed on probation. They'll probably still get to see the playoffs but be on a year or two probation with a short leash.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

That's out of character for Coach Holladay. Ive played against his teams several times when he was at Hamilton. Also was around him several times at weight meets & such He was always a class act. Wonder what happened. Either way inexcusable.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If they walk away, they win. As soon as they decide to fight, they lose. This is not a war. These kids need to be banned from the game.
    You, obviously, have never been to Walker Co (& surrounding areas). This level of maturity & rationality doesn't exist here.

BamaNation All-American MegaVars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Being raised in Jasper and playing football for Walker I'll just say this. Sometimes our teams are outstanding, sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes awful. No one's ever sure about that---BUT I CAN guarantee you one constant--If you beat us and start taunting us you're going to get hit in the mouth. Count on it. Might not be the right thing to do but it's gonna happen--trust me. sip
    Buncha Walker County heathens.
    "And believe me, to have been in the city of Tuscaloosa in October when you were young and full of Early Times and had a shining Alabama gal by your side--to have had all that and then to have seen those red shirts pour onto the field, and, then, coming behind them, with that inexorable big cat walk of his, the man himself, The Bear--that was very good indeed." Howell Raines, a Washington correspondent for the New York Times.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

There should be zero tolerance for brawling at football games. I'm disappointed when people try to glorify it.

With Alabama's new gun laws, the potential is way up for a disaster beyond a fistfight or brawl when tempers flare at ballgames. Imagine if the brawl had spilled over to the fans in the parkinglot, with many of those yahoos armed.

If the spirit in Walker County is to brawl first, then think it over, that needs to be broken, whatever it takes. Same for Cullman or any other county.
    Last edited by Chukker Veteran; September 1st, 2013 at 04:57 AM.

BamaNation All-SEC

I used to be a FHSAA football official and still umpire high school baseball and softball . The policy in football was to leave the field immediately when the game is over . In baseball and softball , we stay around for the hand shake and then leave if everything is cool . As volatile as football can be , it would seem the officials should stick around to try and prevent things like this from happening .Then again , it could be the officials getting the beating !

Just never mind...
    Last edited by hollisx4; September 1st, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVars View Post
    Buncha Walker County heathens.
    I grew up in Walker County. I'm not sure heathens applies here but I will say that the water tastes different in Walker County. Since Cullman County adjoins Walker County I would assume that some of that water flows into Cullman County.
    Last edited by Clubfitter; September 1st, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Fox 6 just aired video of the incident. It clearly showed the Walker coach attack the one from Cullman. The Cullman coach went over to speak to him and it was on. I did not see any taunting by Cullman players. It looked like others may have been involved but it was hard to tell in the video.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

Postgame Brawl Overshadows Last-Minute Cullman Comeback vs. Walker

Here's another link...maybe it'll work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar

Don't know what was said by two coaches, but Walkers Coach clearly was the aggressor.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.